Welcome to the Center for Distance Learning's Peer Tutor Program
Welcome to the Peer Tutor Program. The Peer Tutor Program encompasses three program levels of support: peer tutor, academic coach and course assistant.
Looking for a tutor/coach? Are you a student who is:
- seeking assistance with course content, material and assignments?
- needing skill development in the area of time management, studying or other areas?
- requiring assistance with navigating Moodlerooms and/or other software tools?
- new to SUNY Empire State College?
The Peer Tutor Program provides tutoring and coaching services, complementing already available college resources, to those students needing extra assistance with their studies and/or needing guidance, encouragement and skill development. A trained peer tutor and/or academic coach will be assigned based on the details of the student's request.
If you are in need of assistance with your course(s), guidance and/or skill development, please go to the Request a Peer Tutor/Academic Coach link for more information and to request a peer tutor/academic coach. Please note, tutors/coaches are not guaranteed. Every effort will be made to find a peer tutor/academic coach for each request received.
Looking to tutor/coach/assist? Are you a student who has:
- an interest in tutoring/coaching/assisting another student or a group of students and/or entering the teaching field?
- strong communication skills which lend themselves to tutoring by phone, e-mail and other electronic communication means?
- earned a B+ or higher in CDL courses?
The Peer Tutor Program is always accepting new applications. If you are interested in becoming a peer tutor/academic coach/course assistant, please review the information in the Become a Peer Tutor/Academic Coach/Course Assistant page and complete the Peer Tutor Application and other required forms.
NOTE: Please review the two types of tutor opportunities, peer tutor and course assistant. These roles have different expectations.
Questions? For more information about this program, please contact:
Office of Academic Support
Center for Distance Learning
Empire State College
800-847-3000, ext. 3008