College-wide Cultural Diversity and Inclusion Forum
The College-wide Cultural Diversity and Inclusion forum series is an expansion of the highly successful Western New York student survey project, coined the Buffalo Project, co-facilitated by Dr. Rhianna C. Rogers, associate professor at SUNY Empire State College. The mission of the Buffalo Project is to develop action-based diversity initiatives that focus on utilizing participant observations of culture to inform solution-making efforts in college and community environments. For 10 years, this project has developed programming to build community across the college and beyond, diversity forums is one such programmatic change adopted from the Buffalo Project to support inclusion on campus.
For information about the Buffalo Project and the prior College-wide Cultural Diversity and Inclusion forums, please see the following links:
- The Buffalo Project
- College-wide Forum #1: Race and Policing
- College-wide Forum #2: Cultural Diversity
- College-wide Forum #3: American Politics and Race
- College-wide Forum #4: Visible and Invisible Disabilities
- College-wide Forum #5: Microaggressions in Everyday Life
- College-wide Forum #6: How Creative Thinking Sets the Environment for Diversity and Innovation
- College-wide Forum #7: Digital Discrimination (co-sponsored by Rutgers University)
Empire State College's Diversity, Equity and Inclusion website has information on many policies and programs offered.