Degree Planning Resources
Educational Studies Area of Study Guidelines
Educational Studies Area of Study Course Map (PDF 140kB)
Previous Educational Studies Area of Study Guidelines (for students who matriculated prior to Fall 2021)
Degree Planning Worksheets
- Degree Planning and Assessment (login required)
- Accessibility Resources and Services (login required)
- Educational Planning: Mapping your learning (OER text)
- iPLA Worksheet and Guides
The college has a number of resources and tools to help you in your learning. Pay particular attention to writing support, support with math, academic support and study skills. Academic Support online workshops are also offered throughout the year on a wide range of topics. These resources and tools are available at the Academic Support website and in MyESC, Academic Support (login required).
The SUNY Empire State College Online Library also has many workshops and resources for students, including help with APA and MLA citation styles, and searching for and identifying scholarly sources.
Sample Degree Program Plans
Sample degree program plans illustrate the degree program format and provide examples of some different types of individualized degree programs. The degree program is divided into two columns. The column on the left lists all the courses in the concentration, while the column on the right lists all of the general learning courses. SUNY Empire State College students work closely with their faculty mentors to design their own degree programs that meet the student’s needs and goals.
- A.A. with a concentration in Educational Studies (PDF 138kB)
- A.S. with a concentration in Educational Studies (PDF 135kB)
- B.A. with a concentration in Educational Studies (PDF 131kB)
- B.A. with a concentration in Educational Technology (PDF 128kB)
- B.A. with a concentration in Early Childhood Studies (v. 1) (PDF 131kB)
- B.A. with a concentration in Early Childhood Studies (v. 2) (PDF 135kB)
- B.S. with a concentration in Childcare Administration (PDF 136kB)