To promote course study and scholarship leading to action in local and global sustainability movements for environmental, social, and economic justice.
The committee supports this mission by:
- Supporting faculty in connecting their field of academic and professional interests with resources to incorporate sustainability into their teaching and scholarship.
- Supporting students with ideas to connect their academic interests with sustainability interests.
- Identifying ways in which students can learn about sustainability across the college and making those opportunities more visible to current and prospective students.
- Participating in academic activities in the greater SUNY community that progress sustainability in academics.
- Creating opportunity for students, alumni, and all college personnel to engage in sustainable learning and living while collaborating with communities beyond our ESC centers and with other students and personnel across the academy.
If you would like to join the committee, please email committee chair Dr. Mark Abendroth, Ed.D., Mentor/Associate Professor