Federal Direct Loan Interest Rates
Interest rates for federal direct loans disbursed between July 1, 2017 and June 30, 2018:
- undergraduate subsidized direct loans fixed at 4.45 percent
- undergraduate unsubsidized direct loans fixed at 4.45 percent
- graduate students are no longer eligible for subsidized loans per federal regulations
- graduate unsubsidized direct loans fixed at 6.00 percent
- graduate PLUS direct loans 7.00 percent
- parent PLUS direct loans 7.00 percent.
The change from a variable- to a fixed-interest rate does not affect a borrower's variable-interest rate on loans made before July 1, 2006.
A 1.066 percent origination fee for all Stafford loans and a 4.264 percent origination fee for all PLUS loans is paid to the U.S. Department of Education for loans first disbursed between Oct. 1, 2017 and Sept. 30, 2018.
Learn More About the Federal Direct Loan Program
Name: SUC Empire State College
Undergraduate Associate: 0916
Undergraduate Bachelor's: 0913
Graduate: 5680 (for graduate students applying for Veteran Tuition Awards)
Students planning to attend summer 2018, fall 2018 or spring 2019 should apply for financial aid for 2018-2019 by submitting the FAFSA. The priority deadline to apply for financial aid for 2018-2019 is April 1, 2018.
The Financial Aid Office will begin awarding summer 2018 financial aid for students enrolled in the summer term beginning in April 2018.