Federal Direct Loan Interest Rates
Interest rates for federal direct loans disbursed between July 1, 2018 and June 30, 2019:
- undergraduate subsidized direct loans fixed at 5.05 percent
- undergraduate unsubsidized direct loans fixed at 5.05 percent
- graduate students are no longer eligible for subsidized loans per federal regulations
- graduate unsubsidized direct loans fixed at 6.60 percent
- graduate PLUS direct loans 7.60 percent
- parent PLUS direct loans 7.60 percent.
The change from a variable- to a fixed-interest rate does not affect a borrower's variable-interest rate on loans made before July 1, 2006.
A 1.062 percent origination fee for all Stafford loans and a 4.248 percent origination fee for all PLUS loans is paid to the U.S. Department of Education for loans first disbursed between Oct. 1, 2018 and Sept. 30, 2019.
Learn More About the Federal Direct Loan Program
Name: SUC Empire State College
Undergraduate Associate: 0916
Undergraduate Bachelor's: 0913
Graduate: 5680 (for graduate students applying for Veteran Tuition Awards)
Students planning to attend summer 2018, fall 2018 or spring 2019 should apply for financial aid for 2018-2019 by submitting the FAFSA. The priority deadline to apply for financial aid for 2018-2019 was April 1, 2018, but we are still accepting and reviewing applications.
In order to process your financial aid eligibility by the spring term payment due date, you must have all applications in and any additional financial aid requirements/documents submitted and any student loans accepted by the deadline date of December 7, 2018.
Students planning to attend summer 2019, fall 2019 or spring 2020 may apply for aid early by submitting the 2019-2020 FAFSA on or after October 1, 2018.