Summer TAP Special Provisions
Summer TAP has special requirements. If you are eligible for and intend to use TAP for the Empire State College summer term, you will need to meet all of the following criteria, unless you are certified as Americans with Disability Act (ADA) TAP eligible :
- You must have earned a combination of at least 24 college credits at Empire State College during the preceding year's Fall 1 and Spring 1 terms.
- You must also have attended full time for the Spring 1 term.
- You must be in good academic standing with the college.
- You must meet all other eligibility for being awarded TAP.
- You may only receive a NY state aid award for the May courses if enrolled in both May and June courses. If you only enroll in the June courses you may receive a NY state aid award for the June courses.
Special Notes for ADA Part-Time TAP and Traditional Part-Time TAP Students
ADA Part-Time TAP students who enroll for the summer and have been awarded TAP do not have to meet the accelerated-term requirement outlined in the summer term TAP provisions above.
Traditional part-time TAP students who enroll for the summer must meet the following guidelines to be considered a true part-time student for state aid eligibility requirements, as well as have waived the accelerated-term requirement as outlined in the summer term TAP provisions above.
- If the student has attended the college during the previous financial aid year, he or she must have attended part time during the term directly prior to the summer term. For example, if the student's first term with us was the spring term preceding the summer term, he or she must have attended part time with us in that spring term.
- New students will not be eligible to receive part-time TAP during the summer if it's their first term with us, since a true determination of the student’s intent to remain a part-time student has not been established.
Name: SUC Empire State College
Undergraduate Associate: 0916
Undergraduate Bachelor's: 0913
Graduate: 5680 (for graduate students applying for Veteran Tuition Awards)
If you are attending the spring 2020 term, the deadline to have all financial aid applications, additional financial aid requirements/documents and appeals submitted and any student loans accepted was December 6, 2019 in order ensure the processing of your aid eligibility by the spring payment deadline.
For students planning to enroll beginning in May 2020 or thereafter, the 2020-2021 FAFSA application is now available to complete.