Combined Degree Programs in the Master of Business Administration in Business Management
Enrollment in a combined program allows highly qualified, current SUNY Empire State College students to work on the Master of Business Administration in Business Management while completing the bachelor’s degree. Up to 12 credits of designated master’s courses are incorporated into the bachelor’s degree program and will count toward both the bachelor’s degree and the master’s degree.
The combined program requires 148 credits total, of which 36 are master’s credits leading to the MBA in Business Management. Students must meet all college, AOS and relevant concentration guidelines.
The program requires careful planning that should begin in the first term of student’s undergraduate career at Empire State College. The student and the primary mentor should consult in planning the undergraduate degree program so that these requirements are met during undergraduate study and that the 12 credits of master’s courses from MBA in Business Management program also are include in the degree plan. Students must meet graduate expectations for academic progress and grade point average in their master’s level courses to remain in the combined program.
Combined Program Admission
Admission into the combined program is highly selective. Matriculated undergraduate students may apply to the combined program and will complete all of the application requirements for the master’s degree program. The admission application process includes a review and recalculation of the most recent 60 credits earned (minimum GPA of 3.2), two recommendations (one must be from his/her SUNY Empire State College undergraduate primary mentor), and the admission essay.
Applicants must include undergraduate level courses or their equivalent in: statistics (3 credits), macroeconomics (3 credits), microeconomics (3 credits), and accounting (3 credits).
Combined Program Courses
Students accepted to the combined program will include the following 4 courses (12 credits) in their approved undergraduate degree plans. Special requests to substitute these courses will be considered by the BML program chair.
Opening Courses (6 credits):
- Leadership & Organizational Behavior (3 credits)
- Strategic Perspectives of Global Management (3 credits)
Functional Courses (6 credits):
Any two functional core courses can be selected from the list below for the track you are enrolled in.
- Financial Management (3 credits)
- High Performance Management (3 credits)
- Management Information Systems (3 credits)
- Operations Management (3 credits)
- Managerial Economics (3 credits)
- Strategic Marketing Management (3 credits)
International Business Track
- International Financial Management (3 credits)
- Global Leadership Competencies (3 credits)
- Global E-Commerce Strategies (3 credits)
- Global Supply Chain Management (3 credits)
- Economics for Global Managers (3 credits)
- Global Marketing Strategies (3 credits)
Human Resource Management Track
- Managing Human Capital (3 credits)
- Performance Management and Total Rewards (3 credits)