December 7, 2017
Installation of New Encryption and Threat Protection Software
Information Technology Services will be installing two new Dell software applications on all college-owned Windows computers. This will increase security and improve threat protection.
- When: Monday, December 11th with completion by the end of December.
- All College-owned Windows computers will receive this software
- Laptops USB encryption will be activated if not already active. See USB Drive Encryption for Windows Computers.
- Macintosh computers will not be impacted at this time.
- Sophos software, if present, will not be removed during this phase.
- Actions: These installations will occur differently for laptop and desktop computers, and will require some minor actions on your part as described in the table below.
|Information Technology Services Actions:||Actions you may need to perform:|
Desktop Computer Installation:
The installation will begin 10-11 pm ET on December 11.
|Please close out your work and Restart your desktop computer before leaving the office Monday.|
Laptop Computer Installation:
The installation will begin between noon and 2 pm ET on December 11.
|Please reboot your Laptop computer as soon as possible after the software installation alert.|
|Security Chip Activation: This may be required on some computers after the software is installed. You may be presented with a screen asking you to press a key to activate a TPM chip (usually the F12 key).||Please make sure to press this key if prompted, otherwise, the machine will continue to prompt you to reboot until this is completed.|
If you have any questions or concerns please contact the IT Service Desk at 888-435-7009 (888-HELP-009).