SUNY Empire State College RN to BSN
Empire State College's School of Nursing has CCNE accredited programs designed for nurses with an active New York state RN license.
The RN to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree program at SUNY Empire State College is intended for registered nurses (RN) looking for the opportunity to assume more leadership in the delivery of patient care, public health, research or policymaking.
Nondegree study is also available for interested nursing students not quite ready to enroll.
More Information for Nursing Students
The unique mission of the RN to BSN program is to advance the education of registered nurses so they can provide evidence-based, comprehensive nursing care to diverse patient populations.
At SUNY Empire State College's School of Nursing, students can:
- enroll part time
- take nursing courses online
- take general education courses online or face-to-face at one of the college's New York state locations.
Hear more about the student experience at SUNY Empire.
The SUNY Empire State College Advantage
Since 1971, SUNY Empire State College has provided educational opportunities to working adults with busy schedules. Our dedicated faculty and staff use innovative, alternative and flexible approaches to higher education that transform people and their communities.
Ranked #1 in student satisfaction among SUNY students statewide, SUNY Empire offers the whole package with degree programs that will fit your life. Our rigorous programs connect your unique and diverse interests to your personal learning goals.
SUNY Empire offers a variety of flexible study options to meet the needs of busy adults. Study online, onsite, at residencies, in study groups, or through a blend of these methods. With 35 locations across New York State, a SUNY Empire State location is not far from you.
Choose among a variety of degree programs - we offer programs for students with varying educational goals and at different stages in their academic careers.
- We offer 12 broad areas of study at the undergraduate level. Together with a faculty mentor, you will design a concentration that is specific to your personal interests and educational goals.
- The School for Graduate Studies offers 12 masters degrees and 21 graduate certificates to meet your professional advancement goals and intellectual interests.
- SUNY Empire State College's School of Nursing has programs designed for registered nurses with an active New York state RN license at both the bachelor's and masters levels.
With SUNY tuition, a generous transfer rate, and the option to earn credit for verifiable college-level learning through life and work experience, SUNY Empire State College is the affordable choice. For the most up-to-date information on undergraduate tuition and mandatory student fees, please visit the tuition and fees page.
SUNY Empire State College is a part of the highly respected State University of New York system. Founded in 1971, the college is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.