Find a Tutor
SUNY Empire State College (SUNY Empire) provides a variety of free tutoring services for enrolled students. Click on any option below to learn more.
Learning coaches are professional staff who coach and tutor both undergraduate and graduate students and are available onsite, online and by phone.
- Assist with all types of writing assignments, including the Rationale Essay and Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) essays.
- Tutor math, statistics and accounting.
- Coach study skills, including time management, reading strategies, etc.
- Offer one-on-one sessions up to one hour and customized to your needs.
To request an appointment with a Learning Coach, email email@example.com.
Peer Tutors are current students or alumni who:
- Tutor specific SUNY Empire courses which they have passed with B+ or above.
- Are recommended by a faculty member who teaches the course.
- Are available online or by phone – and face-to-face at some college locations.
To find out if a peer tutor is available for your course, submit the peer tutor request form. Please note, Peer Tutors are not available for paper review. Please use ESC Learning Coaches or TutorMe for paper review.
TutorMe, our additional 24/7 online tutoring service, is provided free to SUNY Empire State students and offers tutoring in a broad range of subject areas at hours when SUNY Empire State learning coaches are not available. TutorMe offers:
- 24/7 on-demand, live tutoring in 300+ subjects.
- Interactive lesson space with audio and video available in all subjects and sessions.
- Submit-a-paper service with feedback provided in less than 12 hours.
At this time, access TutorMe on a desktop, laptop or tablet.
Sign into TutorMe with your College log-in.