Find a Tutor
SUNY Empire State College (SUNY Empire) provides a variety of free tutoring services for enrolled students. Click on any option below to learn more.
SUNY Empire Learning Coaches (Professional Tutors)
Learning coaches are professional staff (employees of the College) who coach and tutor both undergraduate and graduate students. Coaches are available online and onsite in selected locations.
SUNY Empire Learning Coaches:
- Assist with all types of writing assignments, including the Rationale Essay and Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) essays.
- Tutor math, statistics, and accounting.
- Coach study skills, including time management and reading strategies.
- Offer one-on-one sessions up to 50 minutes and customized to your needs.
If you prefer not to use self-service scheduling, you may submit a request to have an appointment scheduled for you through this form Learning Coach/Tutoring Request.
If you have problems with scheduling or general questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
SUNY Empire Peer Tutors
Peer Tutors are current undergraduate students or alumni who:
- Tutor specific SUNY Empire courses which they have passed with B+ or above.
- Are recommended by a faculty member who teaches the course.
- Are available online or by phone.
To find out if an undergraduate peer tutor is available for your course, please fill out this short form Learning Coach/Tutoring Request. Please note, peer tutors are for undergraduate courses only at this time. You must be logged into MyESC in order to access the form.
If you have problems with the form or general questions, please email email@example.com.
Please note, Peer Tutors are not available for paper review. Please use SUNY Empire State College Learning Coaches or TutorMe for paper review.
SUNY Empire Learning Coaches are the first stop for your tutoring needs. However, SUNY Empire provides two hours per week of free tutoring with TutorMe, a 24/7 supplemental service. TutorMe offers tutoring in a broad range of subject areas at hours when SUNY Empire State learning coaches are not available. Your weekly two-hour limit resets every Monday at 2:59AM EST. Access to TutorMe is on a desktop, laptop, or tablet. (Currently, TutorMe is not available on a mobile device.)
TutorMe offers the following:
- 24/7 on-demand, live tutoring in 300+ subjects.
- Interactive lesson space with audio and video available in all subjects and sessions.
- Submit-a-paper service with feedback provided in less than 12 hours.
Sign into TutorMe with your College log-in.
If you have questions about TutorMe, please email firstname.lastname@example.org