Fort Drum Directions
Empire State College serves both civilian and military students and is located in the Robert C. McEwen Library and Education Complex on the Fort Drum military installation. The office is easiest to access through the main gate. Call the office for directions if you prefer to enter through another gate.
Note: The physical address, 4300 Camp Hale Rd., may not work well in GPS systems.
- From I-81, take exit 48A to 781 East. This is the connector road from I-81 to Ft. Drum.
- Travel approximately 5 miles to the main gate.
- Take Route 11 South through the village of Evans Mills.
- Look for Pizza Hut and KFC on the left and a sign for Fort Drum.
- At the traffic light by KFC, go under the overpass and turn left onto the post.
- If you pass Walmart on the right, you have gone too far.
- Drive up to the gate and be ready to show your driver’s license. You also may be asked to show your current vehicle registration and proof of vehicle insurance, so make sure they are current.
- Passengers in the car may be asked to show a valid photo ID, such as a driver’s license.
- If the homeland security alert system is higher than normal, you may be asked to park your car and get a visitor’s pass before entering the post.
- To the Education Complex
- Go approximately 0.7 miles to the second traffic light and turn right on Mt. Belvedere Road.
- Continue about 2 miles. At the fourth traffic light, turn left onto Po Valley Road.
- Drive almost a mile. At the first traffic light, turn right onto Conway Road.
- The Education Center will be the second driveway on your left. There are two parking lots, one on either side of the building – you can park in either one.
- When you come into the building, the library will be on one side of the hallway and the Education Center and the Empire State College offices will be on the other.