Note: All times shown are Eastern Time (E.T.) unless stated otherwise.
February 17, 2017
Check out the career fairs in your region! Our Career Services site has a full listing of events you are eligible to attend. Special thanks to our colleagues in higher education for opening their career fairs to SUNY Empire.
February 14, 2017
SUNY Empire State College will be closed Monday, February 20 in observance of Presidents’ Day. The IT Service Desk will maintain normal hours of operation on Saturday, February 18 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and Sunday, Feb. 19 from 1 to 9 p.m., but will be closed Monday. The college library will also maintain normal hours of operation on Sunday, Feb. 19 from 1 to 9 p.m. and be closed Monday. Outside the library’s normal hours, and all day Monday, the library’s “Ask Us 24/7” chat will be available for student research questions. Offices in Saratoga Springs will reopen on Tuesday, Feb. 21. Please refer to www.esc.edu/1StopStudentServices for answers to our students’ most commonly asked questions.
February 7, 2017
Registration and Call for Proposals for the fifth annual Student Wellness Retreat is now open! Registration, meals, attendance at all workshops, and entertainment is free! We will have over 40 workshops of sessions planned with the goal to increase your physical, emotional, and mental health well-being. Due to an overwhelming demand, travel grant requests are now closed.
This year's keynote speaker is Tamika Catchings, the opening speaker will be Dr. Michael Fowlin, and entertainer and comedian Greg Bennick will all be featured during the conference. We hope to see you there!
- Submit a proposal for a session at the Student Wellness Retreat
- Book a room using our SUNY Empire State College group rate
If bringing a guest, please mail a $50.00 payment to Student Services at:
SUNY Empire State College
1 Union Ave
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
Please include you and your guest's name in the envelope and that the payment is for your guest at the Student Wellness Retreat. This will ensure our organization of all payments.
February 2, 2017
Following the suggestions of a number of our students, a Yammer discussion forum is now available for students to engage in open, respectful discussion around current social and political challenges.
Periodically, site moderators Patricia Myers, the college’s director of the Office of Collegewide Student Affairs and Elliott Dawes, chief diversity officer for institutional equity and inclusion, will post prompts to encourage discussion on issues of societal concern.
Yammer is part of the college’s Office 365 suite of offerings and is password protected. Instructions for joining the college's Yammer network are available at https://esc.service-now.com/kb_view_customer.do?sysparm_article=KB0011343
February 2, 2017
Information Technology Services (ITS) has completed the Moodlerooms 3.1.4 upgrade. New features include:
- Improved Quiz Navigation: You can now navigate forward and backward through your quiz attempt when reviewing prior to submitting your quiz. Moodlerooms has added a Previous Page button and a Next Page button to help navigate through your quiz attempt.
- PDF Feedback Files from your Instructor: Your instructor can now provide an annotated PDF feedback file as part of the grading process for assignment activities. When grading an assignment, your submitted file automatically converts to a pdf for your instructor to add notations, comments and highlights as part of their grading feedback. If the instructor chooses to use this feature, you will see the PDF file in the assignment activity area where you originally uploaded your assignment and where you usually view your grades, feedback comments and feedback files in the past.
A complete list of features, improvements and known issues in the Moodlerooms 3.1.4 release can be found in the Moodlerooms 3.1.4 Upgrade Knowledge Article. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Service Desk at 888-Help-009 (888-435-7009) or submit an incident ticket at www.esc.edu/service-desk
Quick Links: The Links You Use the Most!
- 1 Stop Student Services
- Collegewide Student Services
- Office 365 (email, calendar, apps, and more)
- College Safety and Security
- Financial Aid
- Competency-based Learning (KNOWhow)
- Online Courses (Moodlerooms)
- Student Accounts
- Student Newsletter
- Service Desk (formerly TechInfo)