December 5, 2019
Recipients of The Adirondack Trust Company Scholarship Announced
14 Students Receive a Total of $24,900 in Awards
Scholarships Help Expand Educational Opportunity for Students in the Capital Region
(SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y. – Dec. 05, 2019) The SUNY Empire State College Foundation has announced 14 recipients of the 2019 Adirondack Trust Company Scholarship, totaling $24,900 in awards. The scholarships aim to expand educational opportunities for students in the greater Capital Region.
This year’s recipients include a disaster recovery specialist, a graphic designer, an aspiring mental health professional, an aspiring counselor, two teachers and one aspiring teacher, a human resource specialist, a restaurant manager, an aspiring photographer and an aspiring museum curator.
The Adirondack Trust Company established the scholarship to provide need-based aid to undergraduate or graduate students who reside in Albany, Rensselaer, Schenectady, Montgomery, Saratoga, Washington, Fulton, Schoharie, Greene or Columbia counties. The endowment is currently valued at more than $530,000.
“Thanks to the generosity of The Adirondack Trust Company, so many SUNY Empire State College students have been able to complete their degrees and, in turn, realize their dreams and achieve their personal, professional and academic goals,” said SUNY Empire President Jim Malatras. “The Adirondack Trust scholarship is just one of so many ways the bank supports the community and I am very grateful for the bank’s long-standing and generous support of our students.”
“Like so many students who have come before them, this year’s Adirondack Trust Company Scholarship recipients inspire all of us at the bank by their hard work and determination to complete their SUNY Empire State College degree,” said Adirondack Trust Company Executive Vice President Charles V. Wait, Jr., a former member of the Empire State College Foundation Board of Directors. “Supporting neighbors seeking to better themselves, their families and the communities where we all live and work is a privilege and a pleasure for all of us at the Adirondack Trust Company. On behalf of the Bank, I offer best wishes for continued success as the students advance their education and complete their college degrees.”
The scholarship recipients are:
- Angelo Amato of Cairo, N.Y., studying to complete his Bachelor of Arts in Multidisciplinary Studies;
- Brenna Brown of Delmar, N.Y., studying to complete her Associate of Arts in The Arts;
- Terence Cumberbatch of East Greenbush, N.Y., studying to complete his Bachelor of Science in Human Development;
- Jordan Daley of Glens Falls, N.Y., studying to complete her Master of Arts in Teaching, concentrating in Adolescence Education;
- Deborah Ingles of Scotia, N.Y., studying to complete her Bachelor of Science in Business, Management and Economics;
- Tjesa Jacobs of Schenectady, N.Y., studying to complete her Bachelor of Science in Community and Human Services;
- Amanda Leaseburge of Hudson, N.Y., studying to complete her Associate of Arts in The Arts;
- Tara Michaels of Mechanicville, N.Y., studying to complete her Associate of Arts in The Arts;
- Alexandra Mosquera of Albany, N.Y., studying to complete her Bachelor of Arts in The Arts;
- Lisa Smith of Gloversville, N.Y., studying to complete her Master of Arts in Teaching concentrating in Adolescence Education and English;
- Taylor Tobias of Halfmoon, N.Y., studying to complete her Bachelor of Arts in Cultural Studies and her Master of Arts in Teaching concentrating in Adolescence Education and English;
- Three additional scholarship recipients wish to remain anonymous.
More information about scholarships through the Empire State College Foundation can be found by here.
About The Adirondack Trust Company
The Adirondack Trust Company is an independent, locally owned and operated, community bank offering a wide variety of business and personal financial services. The bank has more than $1 billion in assets and 13 branch offices.
The bank offers banking, trust, insurance, and investment management services, and originates residential and commercial real estate mortgages, as well as commercial business loans, throughout its primary market area.
Bauer Financial, which has been analyzing and reporting on the financial condition of the nation’s banking industry since 1983, rates the bank as a 5-Star/Superior institution, Bauer’s highest rating.
More information about the bank is available at AdirondackTrust.com.
About the Empire State College Foundation
The Empire State College Foundation promotes the quality and visibility of the college. It raises funds to enhance student aid, faculty excellence, and facilities and infrastructure. It promotes innovation, new program development and outreach. The Foundation invests and responsibly manages funds to assure the ethical stewardship of gifts. By encouraging philanthropy and stewardship, the Foundation supports the future growth of the college in becoming an international model of adult learning.
The Empire State College Foundation is recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c)(3) organization that raises funds to benefit Empire State College. All gifts to the Empire State College Foundation are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.
About SUNY Empire State College
SUNY Empire State College educates students at any stage of life with a personalized learning experience delivered online, in person, or a blend of both. Since 1971, SUNY Empire has empowered students to earn an accredited degree around the demands of a busy lifestyle to advance their personal and professional goals. With world-class faculty, more than 1,300 dedicated mentors to help students tailor their degree programs, and cutting-edge distance learning technology, SUNY Empire delivers a trusted and flexible online college experience grounded in more than 30 New York state locations and seven international sites where students can learn and collaborate in person. Our nearly 50 years as a leader in awarding credit for prior learning and life experience helps students earn a degree faster and at lower cost. To learn more, visit www.esc.edu and follow @SUNYEmpire.