Nondegree Lifelong Learning
You can take courses with SUNY Empire State College even if you’re not pursuing a degree. Nondegree, or nonmatriculated, study is a great way to:
- Experience or prepare for college-level study.
- Stay current in your field.
- Earn credit toward a degree at another college or university.
- Improve your skills.
- Train for employment.
Apply now to be a nondegree undergraduate student at the associate or bachelor’s level. There is no application fee. To register as a nondegree undergraduate student, go to Nondegree Start.
- Courses are available across our areas of study and do carry credits.
- Courses are available as space and resources allow.
- Financial aid is not available for nondegree study.
Nondegree courses may be applied later toward a degree at SUNY Empire, if approved.