About SUNY Empire's Writing Support
SUNY Empire's writing support is designed to help SUNY Empire students quickly and easily find the services and resources they need to become successful, independent writers.
- Individual assistance is available through SUNY Empire Learning Coaches or through TutorMe, our supplemental online tutoring service. For more information see our Academic Support Portal. (
- Multiple live workshops on writing are offered throughout the term and include topics like:
- Writing College Papers (research papers, essays, etc.)
- Avoiding Plagiarism & Citing Sources
- Editing and Proofreading your Writing
- Thesis Statements
- Organizing Your Papers
- Graduate Writing Assignments
For current students see the workshop schedule on the Academic Support Portal.
- Writing Resources provides a comprehensive guide to academic writing, steps in the writing process, documenting sources, grammar and punctuation, and other useful topics.
Don't forget: if you would like assistance with this or any other type of writing assignment, learning coaches are available to assist you. Please contact Academic Support by emailing Academic.Support@esc.edu; calling 1-800-847-3000, ext. 3008; or calling the main number of the location in your region (see Academic Support Regional Contact Information for more information).
Questions or feedback about SUNY Empire's Collegewide Writing Support?
Contact us at Academic.Support@esc.edu.