For General Reading:
- What is Critical Reading?
- Two Modes of Reading
- Effective Reading: Taking Notes
- While You Read: Strategies for Close Reading
- Interpreting Texts Critically: Asking Questions
- After Reading: Evaluating What You Have Read
- Examining Your Reactions After Reading: A Three-Part Exercise
- Stages Involved in Summary Writing
Don't forget: if you would like assistance with this or any other type of writing assignment, learning coaches are available to assist you. Please contact Academic Support by emailing Academic.Support@esc.edu; calling 1-800-847-3000, ext. 3008; or calling the main number of the location in your region (see Academic Support Regional Contact Information for more information).
Questions or feedback about SUNY Empire's Collegewide Writing Support?
Contact us at Academic.Support@esc.edu.