School for Graduate Studies
Surveys show that U.S. employers are increasingly looking for workers who have a master’s degree. Advance your career, skills and knowledge with an online graduate degree from SUNY Empire.
Our online graduate programs are:
- Flexible. Work and live your life while you earn your master’s degree or one of more than 26 advanced certificates.
- Supportive. Get top-notch online resources—from writing help and research assistance to an extensive online library with live chat features—as well as guidance and motivation from your faculty advisor.
- Affordable. Earn a respected SUNY online degree at a fraction of the cost of many private and for-profit institutions.
Help, where and when you need it.
Sometimes our students tell us they need a little brushing up on their study skills. We offer a host of free online workshops on topics ranging from graduate-level reading and writing to time management and transitioning to graduate school. You can even take advantage of these courses before you become a SUNY Empire student. Check them out at www.esc.edu/learning-support/workshops-calendar/.
In addition, our extensive online library offers a live chat feature with college librarians. Assistance is only a click away.
A Collaborative Online Graduate Environment
We’ve said it before, and we’ll say it again: At SUNY Empire, “online” doesn’t mean “on your own.” You can make connections during course discussion groups, faculty office hours, discussions with your advisor, participation in retreats, residencies and optional onsite events.
We offer an online Graduate Collaborative—a shared online space designed to help graduate students connect, network and discuss course work.
Accreditations and Endorsements
SUNY Empire is accredited by the Middle States Commission of Higher Education (MSCHE), and many of our programs carry additional accreditation and endorsements, including:
Accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE)
MBA in Human Resource Management:
Recognized by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
Accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Graduate Teacher Education Programs:
Member in good standing of the Association for Advancing Quality in Educator Preparation (AAQUEP)
Advanced Certificate in Project Management:
Designated a Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.) by the Project Management Institute (PMI)
- M.A. in Adult Learning (online)
- M.A. in Learning and Emerging Technologies (online)
- M.A.T. in Adolescent or Middle Childhood Education (online with in-person requirements)
- M.A.T. in Adolescent Special Education (initial certification - online with in-person requirements)
- M.Ed. in Adolescent Special Education (additional certification - online)
- M. Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction (online)
- M.A. in Community and Economic Development (online)
- M.A. in Social and Public Policy (online with residencies) Concentration in Public Administration - New for Spring 2020!
- M.A. in Work and Labor Policy (online with residencies)
- M.A. in Liberal Studies (online with residencies)
- M.S. in Information Technology (online)
Master’s Degrees - Fully Online
Master of Education in Adolescent Special Education (additional certification)
Master’s Degrees - Blended
Master of Arts in Liberal Studies (online with residencies)
Master of Arts in Social and Public Policy (online with residencies)
Master of Arts in Work and Labor Policy (online with residencies)
Master of Arts in Teaching in Adolescent or Middle Childhood Education (online with in-person requirements)
Master of Arts in Teaching in Adolescent Special Education (initial certification - online with in-person requirements)
Master of Business Administration in Healthcare Leadership (online with executive retreats)
Add an advanced certificate to your master’s degree in any of 26 areas, often with few or no additional classes. All advanced certificates are fully online. Learn more.
- Financial Management and Analysis (12 credits)
- Global Brand Marketing (12 credits)
- Global Finance and Investment (15 credits)
- Healthcare Management (12 credits)
- Human Resource Management (12 credits)
- Information Technology Management (12 credits)
- Innovation Management and Entrepreneurship (12 credits)
- Marketing Analytics and Brand Management (15 credits)
- Nonprofit Management (12 credits)
- Optometry Business Management (18 credits)
- Project Management (12 credits)
- Emerging Media and Technology for the Arts (12 credits)
- STEM Education and Emerging Technologies (12 credits)
- Teaching and Learning with Emerging Technologies (15 credits)
- American Studies (12 credits)
- Community Advocacy (12 credits)
- Child and Family Advocacy (12 credits)
- Heritage Preservation (12 credits)
- Leadership for Sustainable Development (15 credits)
- Public Administration (15 credits)
- Public History (15 credits)
- Social Entrepreneurship (12 credits)
- Veterans' Services (12 credits)
- Women's and Gender Studies (12 credits)
- Work and Public Policy (12 credits)
- Workforce Development (12 credits)
Graduate Retreats and Graduate Residencies
A graduate retreat (MBA Healthcare Management) typically consists of 20-30 students who meet in Saratoga Springs, New York. Participants are given access and exposure to thought leaders in the healthcare management industry. Retreat activities can also include presentations and small-group work.
Our graduate residency programs, held in Saratoga Springs, New York, bring together 50-70 students who meet to focus on reading and writing, panel discussions and group work. Residencies also give our students great networking opportunities.
Search our graduate course catalog to learn more about individual courses, programs and policies.