Pathways Transfer Program for Community College Students
SUNY Empire State College partners with community colleges across New York State and beyond to provide a seamless transfer into our bachelor's degree programs for community college students. The Pathways Transfer Program helps students succeed by easing the transition from classroom-based learning to an engaging blend of online, independent study, and in-person residencies at SUNY Empire.
Pathways Transfer Program benefits:
- Transfer your entire associate degree (AA, AS, AAS), up to 79 credits.
- Take optional courses at your community college during the first year at SUNY Empire.
- Schedule courses around your work and life commitments.
- Finish your degree where you live.
- Earn a nationally recognized SUNY degree.
- Save money with low tuition rates.
SUNY Empire will also provide the following benefits for transfer students from partner community colleges who have earned an associate degree (AA, AS, or AAS) within the last 3 years, or are in their final semester:
- Waiver of the $50 orientation fee
- $100 transfer scholarship (in the first term of matriculation at SUNY Empire; NY residents only)
- Guaranteed admission to a bachelor's degree program (BS in Nursing program is not included)
Please contact the transfer advisement office at your community college to get the transfer benefits code that you would enter on the SUNY Empire admissions application.
Community College and SUNY Empire Partnerships
Many community colleges have already become Pathways partners with SUNY Empire.
- Adirondack Community College
- Broome Community College
- Cayuga Community College
- Clinton Community College
- Columbia-Greene Community College
- Corning Community College
- Dutchess Community College
- Erie Community College
- Finger Lakes Community College
- Fulton-Montgomery Community College
- Genesee Community College
- Herkimer County Community College
- Hudson Valley Community College
- Jamestown Community College
- Jefferson Community College
- Mohawk Valley Community College
- Monroe Community College
- Nassau Community College
- Niagara County Community College
- North Country Community College
- Onondaga Community College
- Orange County Community College
- Rockland Community College
- Schenectady County Community College
- Suffolk County Community College
- Sullivan County Community College
- Tompkins-Cortland Community College
- Ulster County Community College
- Westchester Community College
- Borough of Manhattan Community College
- Bronx Community College
- Guttman Community College
- Hostos Community College
- Kingsborough Community College
- La Guardia Community College
- Queensborough Community College
- Bergen Community College (New Jersey)
- Brookdale Community College (New Jersey)
- Hillsborough Community College (Florida)
- Ivy Tech Community College (Indiana)
- Maricopa County Community College District (Arizona)
- Rio Salado College
- Ozarks Technical Community College (Springfield, Missouri)
- Pikes Peak Community College (Colorado Springs, Colorado)
- College of New Rochelle (Teach Out Program, NY)
- Cornell University (Ithaca, NY)
- Long Island Business Institute (Long Island and New York City)
- Maria College (Albany, NY)
- Niagara College (Ontario, Canada)
- SUNY Cobleskill (BBA to MBA) (Cobleskill, NY)
- SUNY College of Optometry (New York, NY)
If you are a student and your community college is not listed, or you want to learn about options for transfer into a bachelor's degree at SUNY Empire, call 800-847-3000. Be sure to tell us that you are a community college transfer student.
If your community college is listed above, contact SUNY Empire for information about enrolling.
Community colleges interested in creating a similar partnership with us may contact Dr. Brian Goodale, Director of Academic Development and Community College Partnerships by phone at 518-587-2100 ext. 2580 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.