Pathways Transfer Program for Community College Students
SUNY Empire State College partners with community colleges across New York State and beyond to provide a seamless transfer into our bachelor's degree programs for community college students. The Pathways Transfer Program helps students succeed by easing the transition from classroom-based learning to an engaging blend of independent study, residencies and online courses at SUNY Empire.
Pathways Transfer Program benefits:
- Transfer your entire associate degree, up to 79 credits.
- Take optional courses at your community college during the first year at SUNY Empire.
- Schedule courses around work and life commitments.
- Finish your degree where you live.
- Earn a nationally recognized SUNY degree.
- Save money with low tuition rates.
Empire State College will also provide the following benefits for transfer students from partner community colleges who have earned an associate degree (AA, AS, or AAS) within the last 3 years, or are in their final semester:
- Waiver of the $50 orientation fee
- $100 transfer scholarship (in the first term of matriculation at Empire State College)
- Guaranteed admission to a bachelor's degree program (BS in Nursing program is not included)
Please contact the transfer advisement office at your community college to get the transfer benefits code that you would enter on the Empire State College admissions application.
Community College and Empire State College Partnerships
Many community colleges have already become Pathways partners with SUNY Empire.
State University of New York (SUNY) partners
- Adirondack Community College
- Broome Community College
- Cayuga Community College
- Clinton Community College
- Columbia-Greene Community College
- Corning Community College
- Dutchess Community College
- Erie Community College
- Finger Lakes Community College
- Fulton-Montgomery Community College
- Genesee Community College
- Herkimer County Community College
- Hudson Valley Community College
- Jamestown Community College
- Jefferson Community College
- Mohawk Valley Community College
- Monroe Community College
- Nassau Community College
- Niagara County Community College
- North Country Community College
- Onondaga Community College
- Orange County Community College
- Rockland County Community College
- Schenectady County Community College
- Suffolk County Community College
- Sullivan County Community College
- Tompkins-Cortland Community College
- Ulster County Community College
- Westchester Community College
City University of New York (CUNY) partners
- Borough of Manhattan Community College
- Bronx Community College
- Guttman Community College
- Hostos Community College
- Kingsborough Community College
- La Guardia Community College
- Queensborough Community College
Other College Partners
- Cornell University (New York)
- Ivy Tech Community College (Indiana)
- Long Island Business Institute (New York)
- Maricopa County Community College District (Arizona)
- Niagara College (Ontario, Canada)
- Ozarks Technical Community College (Missouri)
- Pikes Peak Community College (Colorado)
- TCI College of Technology (Manhattan, New York)
- Utica School of Commerce (New York)
- Vermont State Colleges (Vermont)
If you are a student and your community college is not listed, or you want to learn about options for transfer into a bachelor's degree at SUNY Empire State College, call 800-847-3000. Be sure to tell us that you are a community college transfer student.
If your community college is listed above, contact SUNY Empire State College for information about enrolling.
Community colleges interested in creating a similar partnership with us may contact Brian Goodale, Director of Academic Development by phone at 518-587-2100, ext. 2580, or 800-847-3000, ext. 2580, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.