Take the next step toward a college degree that’s built around you.
We know you’re busy. That’s why SUNY Empire empowers you to complete your degree entirely online, in person, or a combination of both — so you can prepare for your next step without missing a step. Through SUNY Empire’s Pathways Transfer program, any Rio Salado transfer students, including those in the following programs, can take advantage of the partership benefits:
- Addictions and Substance Use Disorders (A.A.S.) to Addiction Studies (B.S.)
- General Business (A.A.S.) to Business Administration (B.S.)
- IT: Database Development (A.A.S.) and IT: Programming and Systems Analysis Level I (A.A.S) to SMT with a concentration in Information Technology (B.S.)
- Associate in Arts: Emphasis in Psychology (A.A.) to Psychology (B.A.)
Pathways Transfer Program benefits:
- Guaranteed admission to a bachelor's degree program for associate degree graduates
- Transfer your entire associate degree (A.A., A.S., A.A.S.) - up to 79 lower-division credits
- $100 Better Together Transfer Scholarship
- Waiver of the $50 orientation fee
- Affordable public college tuition for non-New York residents
- A flexible learning model that fits around your busy schedule
- An accelerated path to bachelor's degree completion
- SUNY Empire offers a robust prior learning assessment program for previous learning outside of college
Ready for the next step? You're closer than you think.
Why Earn Your Undergraduate Degree at SUNY Empire?
Our students and alumni say we make earning a degree possible in many important ways.
The Power to Personalize
At SUNY Empire, there’s no cookie-cutter, off-the-shelf, everybody-does-it-the-same-way degree program. When you earn your degree here, you drive the planning process by personalizing your degree to fit your goals and interests. How? Through Educational Planning Studies, a course or series of courses (4-8 credits) that our undergraduates take to explore talents and abilities, define career goals, and develop a customized degree plan to achieve them.
Earn Your Degree While You Live Your Life
More than 50% of SUNY Empire students work full or part time while they earn their degree. Take classes part time — online, onsite or both — and benefit from our student services, including online and onsite tutoring, career services and special support programs for active military members and veterans.
Get Credit For What You Already Know
You know a lot. Maybe the knowledge you’ve gained wasn’t earned in a classroom — maybe it was by examination, professional certification or military training — but it’s all part of your personal journey. Our Prior Learning Assessments let you demonstrate and earn credit for prior college-level learning — shortening your time to degree and saving money.
Your Own Personal Guide
Who says “online degree” means “on your own?” Not SUNY Empire. You’ll get a personal faculty mentor who will guide and support you from Day One to graduation and beyond. Your mentor is a trusted advisor who will help you develop your degree program, encourage you and give you access to the resources you need to succeed.
SUNY Affordability and Reputation
SUNY Empire State College is regionally accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and offers a high-quality, well-respected education. And you’ll earn your degree at a fraction of the cost of many private and for-profit institutions. A respected degree + SUNY affordability = a real return on investment.