Take the next step toward a college degree that’s built around you.
We know you’re busy. That’s why SUNY Empire empowers you to complete your degree entirely online, in person, or a combination of both — so you can prepare for your next step without missing a step.
Through SUNY Empire’s Pathways Transfer Program, Westchester Community College transfer students who have completed any of the following degree programs can take advantage of the partership benefits:
- Associate in Arts (A.A.)
- Associate in Science (A.S.)
- Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.)
- Accounting (A.S.) (PDF 199kB)
- Allied Health (B.S.)
- Chemical Dependency Counseling (A.A.S.) to Addiction Studies (B.S.) (PDF 198kB)
- Human Resource Management (A.S.) (PDF 204kB)
- Management (B.S.)
- Marketing (A.S., A.A.S.) (PDF 220kB)
- Nursing (A.A.S.) (PDF 202kB)
Pathways Transfer Program benefits:
- Guaranteed admission to a bachelor's degree program for associate degree graduates
- Transfer your entire associate degree (A.A., A.S., A.A.S.) - up to 79 lower-division credits
- $100 Better Together Transfer Scholarship
- Waiver of the $50 orientation fee
- Waiver of the admissions application essay
- A flexible learning model that fits around your busy schedule
- An accelerated path to bachelor's degree completion
- SUNY Empire offers a robust prior learning assessment program for previous learning outside of college
- An option for students to enroll in a combined bachelor's / master's degree pathway simultaneously to save time and money
Ready for the next step? You're closer than you think.
To learn more and to get your transfer benefits code for the admissions application, contact:
Senior Recruitment and Outreach Coordinator
Hudson Valley region
(800) 847-3000 ext. 3461
Coordinator of Transfer Services
Why Earn Your Undergraduate Degree at SUNY Empire?
Our students and alumni say we make earning a degree possible in many important ways.
The Power to Personalize
At SUNY Empire, there’s no cookie-cutter, off-the-shelf, everybody-does-it-the-same-way degree program. When you earn your degree here, you drive the planning process by personalizing your degree to fit your goals and interests. How? Through Educational Planning Studies, a course or series of courses (4-8 credits) that our undergraduates take to explore talents and abilities, define career goals, and develop a customized degree plan to achieve them.
Earn Your Degree While You Live Your Life
More than 50% of SUNY Empire students work full or part time while they earn their degree. Take classes part time — online, onsite or both — and benefit from our student services, including online and onsite tutoring, career services and special support programs for active military members and veterans.
Get Credit For What You Already Know
You know a lot. Maybe the knowledge you’ve gained wasn’t earned in a classroom — maybe it was by examination, professional certification or military training — but it’s all part of your personal journey. Our Prior Learning Assessments let you demonstrate and earn credit for prior college-level learning — shortening your time to degree and saving money.
Your Own Guide
Who says “online degree” means “on your own?” Not SUNY Empire. You’ll get a faculty mentor who will guide and support you from Day One to graduation and beyond. Your mentor is a trusted advisor who will help you develop your degree program, encourage you and give you access to the resources you need to succeed.
SUNY Affordability and Reputation
SUNY Empire State College is regionally accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and offers a high-quality, well-respected education. And you’ll earn your degree at a fraction of the cost of many private and for-profit institutions. A respected degree + SUNY affordability = a real return on investment.