Take the next step toward a college degree that’s built around you.
We know you’re busy. That’s why SUNY Empire empowers you to complete your degree entirely online, in person, or a combination of both — so you can prepare for your next move without missing a step.
Through SUNY Empire's Community Partnership Benefit program, all NYS Office for People With Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) employees, retirees, families, and the people OPWDD supports have access to:
- Associate, bachelor’s and master’s degrees
- Affordable college tuition
- A flexible learning model that fits around your busy schedule
- An accelerated path to degree completion
- College credit for previous learning
- $100 Better Together Scholarship and a waiver of the $50 orientation fee
Empire State Opportunity Program (ESOP) at SUNY Empire
- The Empire State Opportunity Program (ESOP) provides access, academic support, and financial assistance to economically and educationally disadvantaged students who are residents of New York State. The ESOP serves students at all stages of life and learning, full time or part time throughout the state. For more information, visit the Empire State Opportunity Program.
Veteran and Military Education at SUNY Empire
- SUNY Empire provides special programs and services for veterans, active-duty military and their spouses including pre-application advising, pre-evaluated degrees plans, tuition discounts and credit for college-level learning gained through military training, standardized exams, and other experience. For more information, visit the Veteran and Military Education.
*SUNY Empire is proud to support military aligned students. Additional benefits are available for NYS Veterans and their spouses. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 518-587-2100, ext. 2779 for more details.
Ready for the next step? You're closer than you think.
To learn more and to get your partnership benefits code for the admissions application, contact:
Enrollment and Partnership Outreach Officer
Southern Tier and Finger Lakes regions
Human Resource specialist
Why Earn Your Degree at SUNY Empire?
Our students and alumni say we make earning a degree possible in many important ways.
The Power to Personalize
At SUNY Empire, there’s no cookie-cutter, off-the-shelf, everybody-does-it-the-same-way degree program. When you earn your degree here, you are part of the planning process by personalizing your degree to fit your goals and interests. This allows students to define career goals, while exploring their talents and abilities.
Earn Your Degree While You Live Your Life
More than 50% of SUNY Empire students work full or part time while they earn their degree. Take classes part time — online, onsite or both — and benefit from our student services, including online and onsite tutoring, career services and special support programs for active military members and veterans.
Give Yourself Credit
You know a lot. Maybe the knowledge you’ve gained wasn’t earned in a classroom — maybe it was by examination, professional certification or military training — but it’s all part of your learning — shortening your time to degree and saving money.
Your Own Guide
At SUNY Empire, you'll get a faculty mentor who will guide and support you from Day One to graduation. Your mentor is a trusted advisor who will help you develop your degree encourage you and give you access to the resources you need to succeed.
SUNY Affordability and Reputation
SUNY Empire is regionally accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and offers a high-quality, well-respected education. And you’ll earn your degree at a fraction of the cost of many private and for-profit institutions. A respected degree + SUNY affordability = a real return on investment.