President’s Task Force to Enhance Diversity and Inclusion
The President’s Task Force to Enhance Diversity and Inclusion was formed by SUNY Empire State College President Jim Malatras to proactively assess the college’s diversity and inclusivity climate in the wake of alarming incidents of hate on college campuses across the nation.
The task force, consisting of representatives from across the college’s 30+ locations around New York state and seven international sites, is charged with forming an action plan to:
- Expand opportunities for underrepresented groups among students, faculty, and staff;
- Coordinate initiatives to increase diversity among faculty and staff;
- Enhance academic support for students from underrepresented populations/communities;
- Expand public policy research on issues of equity, tolerance, and inclusion, and;
- Recommend measures to cultivate an inclusive culture at SUNY Empire State College.