Strategic Planning Taskforce
To create an inclusive strategic planning process that results in the articulation of strategic priorities for SUNY Empire. These priorities shall be informed by current and prospective trends in national and regional higher education and the labor landscape, as well as by feedback from SUNY Empire’s stewards (faculty, professional employees, staff, and administrators) and key stakeholders, including, but not limited to students, alumni, board members, college council members, and business, community, and educational partners. All recommendations shall be made to cabinet and the president, who in turn will be responsible for ensuring ongoing alignment of resources and effort with the strategic priorities.
Values and Guiding Principles:
SUNY Empire is committed to providing high-quality education to a diverse student population across New York, the region, and the world. We value access, quality, diversity, equity, and inclusion. These commitments and values are at the core of our strategic planning process.
- Seana Logsdon, Acting Vice Provost for Student Success, Strategic Planning Taskforce Co-chair
- Dana Gliserman Kopans, Professor and Chair, Department of Literature, Communication, and Cultural Studies, Strategic Planning Taskforce Co-chair
- Quran Bell ‘21, Student Success and Development Coordinator
- Brian Carolan, Dean, School for Graduate Studies
- Laura Decker, Benefits and Leave Administrator
- Chris Feeley ‘86, VP Business Development, Psychiatry Networks, Empire State College Foundation member and Chair of the Foundation’s Development Committee
- Alejandro Galindo, Academic Program Coordinator
- Samuel Goldberger, Administrative Assistant, Registrar’s Office
- Thalia MacMillan, Professor, School of Human Services
- Jason Russell, Professor, School for Graduate Studies
- Lydia Smith ‘21, MBA Student
- Eileen McDonnell, Executive Director of Institutional Effectiveness & Planning, Liaison to Decision Support
- Leigh Yannuzzi, Chief of Staff, Liaison to Office of the President
You can reach the Taskforce by email at StrategicPlanTF@esc.edu
|September 19||Town Hall Kickoff Event|
|September 20||Feedback Opportunity 1: Survey Released|
|September 27||Survey Closes|
|October 24-28||Feedback Opportunity 2: World Café Sessions (onsite and online) at the Fall Academic Conference|
|December 9||Target Date for Initial Draft|
|January 20||Target Date to Release Second Draft|
|January 23-February 3||Feedback Opportunity 3: Draft Feedback|
|March 21-24||Release of the Strategic Plan
All College Conference Discussion of Next Steps
- Thank you for taking the time to respond to the survey. The Strategic Planning Task Force received more than 1,000 responses from students, alumni, SUNY Empire State employees, partners, the foundation board, and the college council. The task force has been hard at work analyzing the data and identifying common themes, which will form the basis for discussion at the next community touchpoint, the world cafés. Please participate in a world café. We want to hear from as many people as possible!
- The Strategic Planning Taskforce met on August 29, 2022, and President Vollendorf charged us with our task. The bywords for the committee, President Vollendorf emphasized, are iteration, thoughtfulness, and inclusivity. The committee was given some institutional data to ground our work as we design a survey to solicit feedback from the entire college community.