Repeated Studies

When a student repeats a study, the more recent grade or outcome for the repeated study replaces the original for purposes of the award of credit and calculation of a grade point average. Both the original and the repeated study must be included in the satisfactory academic progress (SAP) calculation and appear on the transcript. The student initiates the Request to Repeat a Study request form. Submission of this form should be done at the time of registration.

A repeated study grade does not replace the original grade:

  • if a student withdraws from the repeated study, or
  • if a student is administratively withdrawn from the repeated study, or
  • until a grade (A through F or P(ass), N(o)P(ass) is awarded for the repeated study.