Internal Transfer Request Form
Process for Internal Student Transfer
Empire State College wishes to support the ability of any undergraduate, matriculated Empire State College student to transfer to another Empire State College center.
The process, initiated by the student, is designed to ensure that complete information about the student's educational experience is transmitted from one center to another. This process takes a minimum of 6 to 8 weeks to complete. Students should plan accordingly.
Making a decision to transfer is an important one. Begin by consulting with your current primary mentor and center staff to determine your best transfer option.
- completes, signs and dates the Internal Transfer Request Form (see below) and obtains the dated signature of his/her primary mentor.
- makes a copy for his/her records.
- submits the completed form to the current center dean's office.
- gathers all required internal transfer materials.
- dean’s office designee signs and dates the Internal Transfer Checklist.
- submits the Internal Transfer Checklist and materials to the receiving center.
- determines that all required materials have been received.
- assigns a new primary mentor.
- dean’s office designee signs and dates the Receipt of Internal Transfer form that includes new center and primary mentor information.
- submits the Receipt of Internal Transfer form to the Office of the Registrar.
Office of the Registrar
- notifies the student, former center and primary mentor, and receiving center and new primary mentor that the transfer process has been completed.
Next Steps for the Student
- connect with your new primary mentor as soon as possible once the transfer process is complete.
- confirm your degree program plan status with your new mentor. Understanding where you are in the educational planning process is critical to you and your new mentor taking the next steps toward achieving your educational goal and is critical to a smooth transition to the new center.
- A student remains affiliated with the original center until informed of the completion of the transfer by the Office of the Registrar.
- A student’s concurred degree program is honored by the receiving center.
- Not every student degree program is accessible at every college location.
- Every effort will be made to honor the term of transfer requested by the student, but it cannot be guaranteed.
Phone: 800-847-3000 or 518-587-2100
SUNY Empire State College
Office of the Registrar
2 Union Ave.
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
For current students: Registrar in MyESC (login required)