Requesting Your SUNY Empire State College Transcript
An official SUNY Empire State College transcript can only be issued at the request of the student/alumni. Transcripts cannot be issued for students/alumni who have holds on their records.
SUNY Empire State College Official Transcripts may be ordered online. Official transcripts may also be ordered by US mail or in person.
Note: At this time, we do not provide unofficial transcripts. The Office of the Registrar recommends that official transcripts be requested. The student/alumnus in receipt of a transcript may choose to copy the document(s) for their own purposes. Once the seal on the official transcript is broken most agencies will deem the document unofficial. Students/alumni can then make copies or scan to their computer as necessary.
SUNY Empire State College is now offering online transcript ordering through Credentials Transcripts. This service includes the following key features:
- 24/7 Access: You may submit your request from any computer connected to the internet anywhere in the world.
- Status Updates: Receive email or text updates on the status of your request, from receipt of the order to a notice when the transaction is complete. This includes confirmation numbers, express delivery tracking numbers, and toll free phone assistance. If there is a problem in processing your request, you are notified via email or text.
- Easy Address Look-up: A search feature connects you to a database of many college and university mailing addresses.
Three Simple Steps to Order Online:
- Go to Transcripts Plus and complete the form provided.
- Enter debit or credit card number for payment of $5 per transcript.
- Submit order.
To check the status of a transcript request through Transcripts Plus, please visit the Transcripts Plus site.
Access the Transcript Request Form (PDF 73kB) from our website. This form must be printed, signed (handwritten signature), and either mailed or brought into the Registrar’s Office for processing.
Please be sure your request includes your student ID number or social security number, and the exact address where you want your transcript sent. Transcripts cost $5.00 each (check or money order made payable to SUNY Empire State College). Mail your transcript request and payment to:
The Office of the Registrar
SUNY Empire State College
Office of the Registrar
2 Union Avenue
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
Faxed or Emailed transcript requests will not be accepted. If the Registrar’s Office is in receipt of a transcript request through this mode of delivery, it will be destroyed.
Transcripts will not be processed until all outstanding obligations to the College are cleared. Please allow a minimum of up to 2 weeks to process your request. We aim to satisfy your request as quickly as possible.
We do not have the capability to email grades or send digital transcripts.
If you have any general questions about how to order a transcript, please contact the Student Information Center at 800-847-3000 or 518-587-2100.
For specific questions pertaining to your academic record, please email ESCTranscript@esc.edu.