Please Note: Due to COVID-19, the Ecology Residency will be offered in a virtual format for the summer 2021 term. Students will meet with faculty using Microsoft Teams instead of onsite in Cooperstown.
Ecology and Earth Systems Field Research (EESFR) Residency
- Learn hands-on environmental sciences research techniques in the field.
- Meet faculty with dedicated experience in ecology and earth sciences.
- Explore terrestrial, forest and aquatic systems typical of New York state.
The EESFR Residency is a unique opportunity for students to work closely with experienced faculty to develop field and laboratory research and analysis skills that are invaluable in the environmental and earth systems sciences.
During their time in Cooperstown, students will gain hands-on experience and become familiar with laboratory equipment and apply this technology to field work and data collection. The residency is of particular interest to students studying ecology, earth science and geology.
- An interdisciplinary course that combines online learning with two virtual meetings
- A unique opportunity to design a research project and gain skills necessary for future science based careers and graduate programs
Virtual meetings using Microsoft Teams
Summer Session B 2021 term (8 weeks)
May 17 - July 9
Virtual meetings: June 5 and June 26
Who to Contact
Collegewide Residency Coordinator
518-783-6203, ext. 5944