We are continuing to monitor the COVID-19 situation. If the college decides that onsite meetings are not permitted, we will shift the residency to a virtual setting and notify students of the change.
Emergency Management Residency
Preparedness, Response, Recovery, Mitigation
The Emergency Management Residency is designed to educate students in the emergency management body of knowledge and to prepare them for a career in the field.
The Emergency Management Residency provides:
- study groups specific to student’s area of interest with a large selection of electives
- intense Saturday cohorts consisting of a morning and an afternoon session
- experienced faculty holding industry leadership positions
- course content built on the latest leadership and policy trends in the public and private sectors
- flexibility to earn 16 credits for the term.
Expect to experience:
- guest speakers
- workshops and field trips around New York City
- face-to-face study group meetings with students and faculty from across the state.
Exploration of challenges and critical issues in emergency management
Courses use a blended model combining online or independent study with five onsite Saturday meetings
Empire State College
500 Seaview Ave.
Staten Island, NY 10305
Spring Term 2020
- Registration: Oct. 8 - Jan. 9, 2020
- Term Dates: Jan. 13 - April 24, 2020
- Saturday On-site Meetings
Jan. 25, Feb. 8, Feb. 29, March 14, April 4
Who to contact
Amy Ruth Tobol, J.D., Ph.D., Mentor
718-783-4400, ext. 1742