Emergency Management Residency
Preparedness, Response, Recovery, Mitigation
The Emergency Management Residency is designed to educate students in the emergency management body of knowledge and to prepare them for a career in the field.
The Emergency Management Residency provides:
- study groups specific to student’s area of interest with a large selection of electives
- intense Saturday cohorts consisting of a morning and an afternoon session
- experienced faculty holding industry leadership positions
- course content built on the latest leadership and policy trends in the public and private sectors
- flexibility to earn 16 credits for the term.
Expect to experience:
- guest speakers
- workshops and field trips around New York City
- face-to-face study group meetings with students and faculty from across the state.
- Exploration of challenges and critical issues in emergency management
- An intense 10-week program with two 5-week cohorts
Empire State College
500 Seaview Ave.
Staten Island, NY 10305
Fall 2017 Dates
- Registration: May 30 - Sept. 1, 2017
- Late Registration: Sept. 5 - 8, 2017
- Term Dates: Sept. 11 - Dec. 22, 2015
- Saturday Residency Cohorts
Session A: Sept. 16, Sept. 30, Oct. 14, Oct. 28, Nov. 11
Session B: Sept. 23, Oct. 7, Oct. 21, Nov. 4, Nov. 18
Who to contact
William McDonald, Ph.D.
phone: 718-667-7524, ext. 1793