Emergency Management Residency
Preparedness, Response, Recovery, Mitigation
The Emergency Management Residency is designed to educate students in the emergency management body of knowledge and to prepare them for a career in the field.
The Emergency Management Residency provides:
- study groups specific to student’s area of interest with a large selection of electives
- intense Saturday cohorts consisting of a morning and an afternoon session
- experienced faculty holding industry leadership positions
- course content built on the latest leadership and policy trends in the public and private sectors
- flexibility to earn 16 credits for the term.
Expect to experience:
- guest speakers
- workshops and field trips around New York City
- face-to-face study group meetings with students and faculty from across the state.
- Exploration of challenges and critical issues in emergency management
- An intense 10-week program with two 5-week cohorts
Empire State College
500 Seaview Ave.
Staten Island, NY 10305
Fall 2019 Term
Term Dates: Sep. 3 - Dec. 13, 2019
Saturday On-site Meetings
Session A: Sep. 7, Sep. 21, Oct. 5, Oct. 19 and Nov. 2
Session B: Sep. 14, Sep. 28, Oct. 12, Oct. 26, and Nov. 9
Who to contact
William McDonald, Ph.D.
718-667-7524, ext. 1793