We are continuing to monitor the COVID-19 situation. If the college decides that onsite meetings are not permitted, we will shift the residency to a virtual setting and notify students of the change.
Saturday Residency - Saratoga
The Saturday Residency in Saratoga is designed for students to take undergraduate courses using a blended-model that combines online learning with three onsite meetings. The residency is open to students in all areas of study from any SUNY Empire State College location and nondegree students. The courses offered in the residency fulfill degree requirements from a variety of disciplines including business, history, science, human services, creative writing, and the arts, and in some cases, fulfill SUNY general education requirements.
Benefits of the Saturday Residency:
- Flexibility: The residency format gives students the convenience of online learning combined with three Saturday meetings per term. We know our students are balancing the demands of work, life, and family responsibilities and can't be onsite each week.
- Community: Students have the opportunity to engage and connect with classmates from a variety of disciplines and learn from faculty who bring their academic expertise and professional experience to the classroom.
- Enrichment: During the onsite meetings, students enhance their learning experience by attending professional and academic workshops and hearing from guest speakers.
- Success: As a mode of study, residency courses have the highest rate of student retention and completion. Offering flexibility, building a sense of community, and providing opportunities for enrichment are the prefect formula for student success.
- Courses combining online learning with three onsite meetings
- Onsite meetings creating a sense of community and the opportunity for enrichment through workshops and guest speakers
Fall 2020 Term: Sept. 8 - Dec. 18
Onsite Meetings: Sat. Oct. 3, Nov. 7, and Dec. 5
SUNY Empire State College
113 West Ave.
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
518-587-2100, ext. 2920
View information on residency courses offered in Syracuse and Buffalo: