Virtual Whole Health Living Residency
The Whole Health Living (WHL) Residency offers students the opportunity to take courses in a blended-model related to health, wellness, and equitable access to health and wellness resources. Students will be able to delve deeply into practice models and/or research projects with peers, professional staff, and faculty. The residency courses blend online learning with virtual class meetings and community cafés. The intention of the residency is to create connection and community so students are encouraged to register for both the fall and spring terms. Students can register for up to three courses per term and the residency is open to students in all areas of study from any SUNY Empire State College location and nondegree students.
Benefits of the Whole Health Living Residency:
- Connection: Research shows that students who make meaningful connections with the college community are more likely to succeed in college. The WHL Residency courses include 3-7 virtual meetings where students can make connections with other students in real time. Further, students will also connect in the monthly virtual cafés which are focused on contemporary issues and open to people beyond the college community.
- Flexibility: The WHL Residency allows students to engage with their peers and faculty from the comfort and convenience of their own homes using virtual meetings (Microsoft Teams). We know our students are balancing the demands of work, life, and family responsibilities and don't have the availability to meet onsite or every week. Students have the option of registering for up to six courses (per year) or only one course. Students choose what works best for their degree plans and their schedules.
- Community: The virtual community cafés bring together all the WHL Residency courses to focus on a different wellness-related theme each month. We aim to address issues of social justice, diversity, and equity with regards to personal and community health. These conversations build community and collective wisdom.
- Courses combining online learning with virtual course meetings and community cafés.
- A community of students and faculty focusing on health, wellness, and equity.
Fall 2021 Term (Session A): Sept. 7 - Dec. 17
Virtual Course Meetings: see Fall 2021 courses
Virtual Community Cafés: Sept. 13, Oct. 18, Nov. 8, Dec. 13, 5:30 - 7:30 p.m.
Spring 2022 Term (Session A): Jan. 18 - April 29
Virtual Course Meetings: TBD
Virtual Community Cafés: TBD
Online using Microsoft Teams