NOTE: The Women's and Gender Studies Residency will not be offered in Spring 2020.
Students traveling from a distance may apply for a $150 travel reimbursement.
- There are a limited number of travel funds that will be given on a first come, first served basis.
- Students who live or are a connected to Empire State College location in the following areas are not eligible for a travel funds: Albany, Johnstown, Latham, Queensbury, Saratoga and Schenectady.
- Students will be reimbursed up to $150 to cover the cost of travel and lodging.
- For example, if a student who lives in Brooklyn takes the train for $80 and stays with family overnight in Saratoga, they will be reimbursed $80 for the train ticket. If a student who lives in Brooklyn uses $50 in gas and spends $120 for a night in a hotel for a total of $170, they will be reimbursed $150.
- Appropriate uses of reimbursement include - gas, tolls, train/bus tickets, rental cars, hotels/lodging. It does not include reimbursement for food or tips.
- Students must provide appropriate receipts and/or invoices for reimbursement.
Travel Reimbursement Application
- Students must complete the travel reimbursement application by Friday, Feb. 15.
- Once an application has been submitted, a decision will be emailed to the student within one week.
- After the student has attended the onsite meeting in Saratoga on March 8 and March 9, they will have 30 days to complete the appropriate paperwork and submit their receipts/invoices for reimbursement (paperwork will be available at the onsite meeting).
- All paperwork and receipts must be mailed to the following address by April 16:
SUNY Empire State College
Attn: Lori McCaffrey
21 British American Blvd.
Latham, NY 12110