SAC Agenda September 2009
Student Affairs Committee Meeting Agenda
Monday, September 21, 2009
10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
I. Approval of June governance retreat SAC meeting minutes (10 a.m.)
II. Old Business 10:15-11:30 a.m.
- Student Academic Conference – October 16-17 in Syracuse
- Educational Technology Report: Robert Graves
- Student Clubs and Organizations – Update on progress of policy document through Centers
- Webcasting of SAC meetings – update on progress
- Working Group Reports
- Poster Competition -- e-binder, ANGEL site for ongoing planning?
- Student Achievement
- SAC Newsletter – editors needed: 1 student & 1 staff member
- Welcome & Information Packets for New SAC Members
11:30-11:45 a.m. BREAK
11:45-12 Senate meeting update; standing committee reportIII.
III. Lunch 12-1 p.m.: A conversation about diversity at Empire State College
- What does diversity mean to you?
- How can we impact change in the college community?
1-1:30 p.m. Open floor for member items & Discussion of key initiatives
- Identification of at least two attainable goals for the 2009-2010 year
1:30 - 2 p.m. Time for working groups to meet, work and plan next conference call
2 p.m. Departure
Upcoming events and dates to remember; please mark you calendars!
- Student Academic Conference in Syracuse: October 16 & 17
- SAC face-to-face meeting in Saratoga Springs: March 24, 2010 8:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- 2009-2010 Conference Calls
- Thursday, November 12 10:00 a.m. – 11:30a.m.
- Thursday, February 4, 2010 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Thursday, May 20, 2010 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.