Student Affairs Committee Report to Senate March 2011
Student Affairs Committee
Report to Senate
March 22, 2011
- The online student newsletter, The Student Connection, has successfully completed six issues. Danielle Clum continues as the student editor. The newsletter link is http://www.esc.edu/studentconnection
- The Health Insurance initiative is moving forward. Charley Summersell, Director of Purchasing, has been working with SUNY Administration to determine the requirements of the project. As of March 1, 2011 the college is poised to move forward to the bidding process.
- The Student Art Award has been announced and submissions are being taken now through May, 2011. The winners will be invited to the Student Academic Conference in Fall 2011. (www.esc.edu/studentart)
- The pilot project for the The Talk One 2 One program has been successful and negotiations are underway to offer this service to all students at all centers and programs for the next fiscal year. Students, faculty and staff have all utilized the service over the past 10 months.
- A new initiative developing relationships with organizations for student discounts will be started this spring.
- The Student Academic Conference is being held again in White Plains, NY on October 14 and 15.
- SAC discussed idea of Elimination of Narrative Evaluations. As discussed at the February Senate meeting, the SAC co-chairs will give input on this topic at the March Senate meeting.
- Colleen Reedy and Graduate student, Jason Fishner, have been chosen to represent SAC on the Student Success and Retention Task Force. They will be working with the team led by Pat Myers and John Eisler to collect and examine data on student success and retention and make recommendations to the college.
Respectfully submitted: Anthony Falco, Student co-chair and Colleen Reedy, Staff co-chair