SAC Standing Committee Report May 2011
Student Affairs Committee
Report to Senate
May 13, 2011
- The online student newsletter, The Student Connection has published weekly issues with student, Danielle Clum as the student editor. The next phase will be to engage more consistent student writers. The newsletter will publish twice a month during the summer term. The newsletter link is http://www.esc.edu/studentconnection
- The Student Art Award submissions are being taken now through end of May, 2011. The winners will be invited to the Student Academic Conference in Fall 2011. Thus far we have over 75 submissions. (www.esc.edu/studentart)
- The initiative to develop relationships with organizations for student discounts has begun. Work study students are researching area businesses and organizations and gathering the information. The next step will be to do an organized outreach to these organizations and develop memorandums of agreement.
- The Student Academic Conference is being held again in White Plains, NY on October 14 and 15. 2012 will be in Buffalo, NY and Colleen Reedy will be co-chair.
- The student Success and Retention Task Force led by Pat Myers and John Eisler continues its work. Focus groups are taking place at various offices throughout the coordinating center and at the regional centers. Colleen Reedy and Graduate student, Jason Fishner, are representing SAC on the Student Success and Retention Task Force.
- Work has begun to develop expectations and duties for students and faculty involvement on SAC.
Respectfully submitted: Anthony Falco, Student co-chair and Colleen Reedy, Staff co-chair