SUNY Empire State College provides learning resources and student services across many platforms throughout the student lifecycle.
- Login to your student account on MyESC via the Student Portal
- MyESC contains links to many online services such as Brightspace, the Bookstore, the Library, Registration, Student Accounts, Email, and more.
- The college uses a Single Sign On system allowing you to access these services using only your student email and password to login.
- Multi-factor authentication is required for accessing Microsoft 365 (including email) and the Brightspace Digital Learning Environment. You can set up Multi-Factor Authentication verification methods for MFA and password resets at the Microsoft Security Information page for your account .
- Your Microsoft 365 Subscription will be active as long as you are enrolled in courses. You can sign into Microsoft using your student email and password.
-Access the Alumni Library
-Students will retain access to Microsoft for one year after graduation, or for 30 days if withdrawn from the course. After this time, access to saved files and email will be revoked. Any incoming email messages will be forwarded to the personal email inbox on file with the college. If you need to update your personal email address, please contact the Registrar’s Office at email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions about Student Technology at SUNY Empire
When you apply to the college, you will create a login account to manage your application. When you create this account, you can start and return to your application as many times as required, until you are ready to complete and submit your college application. During this time password resets for this admissions account can be done using the password reset link on the Applicant Portal.
You receive your Empire State College MyESC username when you are accepted to the college or when you submit a FAFSA application. Your username will be your firstname.lastname@example.org, where ### is the last three digits of your college id number This username will also become your college email address. Information about your username and setting your password to create your login account, is sent to your personal email on file with the college.
An email address is provided upon acceptance by the college email@example.com, where ### is the last three digits of your college id number. This will also be your username for SUNY Empire account logins.
Yes, upon acceptance to the college, you will receive a Microsoft 365 email license. An email explaining how to access, and how to manage your license for Microsoft 365 will be sent to your personal email that is on file with the college. Your college email account is managed under this Microsoft 365 license.
SUNY Empire has a self service password reset tool that allows you to manage your password and reset it when you forget. If you have trouble resetting your password or have question about the tool, contact the online or at 1-888-HELP-009, or 1-800-847-3000, ext. 2420.
It is important to keep your password private. If you feel that someone else may have found out your password, change it immediately or contact the online or at 1-888-HELP-009, or 1-800-847-3000, ext. 2420.
If you need assistance accessing online courses, MyESC, registration, DP Planner or other technology, contact the Service Desk online or at 1-888-HELP-009, or 1-800-847-3000, ext. 2420. Hours are 8:30:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Friday, and 1:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. on Sunday. (See the web page for holiday or summer hours.)
For library assistance, call 800-847-3000 ext. 2222.