SUNY Empire State College provides learning resources and student services across many platforms throughout the student lifecycle.
- Login to your student account on MyESC via the Student Portal
- MyESC contains links to many online services such as Moodle, the Bookstore, the Library, Registration, Student Accounts, Email, and more.
- The college uses a Single Sign On system allowing you to access these services using only your student email and password to login.
- You can set up Multi-Factor Authentication for your account by requesting it in the ITS Service Catalog. Once the request is processed, you can enroll a second factor at the MFA Setup Page.
- Your Microsoft 365 Subscription will be active as long as you are enrolled in courses. You can sign into Microsoft using your student email and password.
-Access the Alumni Library
-Students will retain access to Microsoft for one year after graduation, or for 30 days if withdrawn from the course. After this time, access to saved files and email will be revoked. Any incoming email messages will be forwarded to the personal email inbox on file with the college. If you need to update your personal email address, please contact the Registrar’s Office at email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions about Student Technology at SUNY Empire
When you apply to the college, you will create a login account to manage your application. When you create this account, you can start and return to your application as many times as required, until you are ready to complete and submit your college application. During this time password resets for this admissions account can be done using the password reset link on the Applicant Portal.
You receive your Empire State College MyESC username when you are accepted to the college or when you submit a FAFSA application. Your username will be your firstname.lastname@example.org, where ### is the last three digits of your college id number This username will also become your college email address. Information about your username and setting your password to create your login account, is sent to your personal email on file with the college.
Your college email address will be your college username, email@example.com, where ### is the last three digits of your college id number. Email addressed to you this way will be forwarded to the personal email account listed in your college records. Use this email address any time you need an email address with the "edu" or educational domain, for example, when inquiring about educational discounts.
Yes, on the first day of the first semester you are registered for a course, you receive a Microsoft 365 license. An email explaining how to access and to manage your license for Microsoft 365 is sent to your personal email on file with the college. Your college email account is managed under this Microsoft 365 license. On the first day of class, you will have the option to:
- continue to have your college email forward to your personal account
- or contact the IT Service Desk to have forwarding removed and to access your college email using Microsoft 365 or the EMAIL button in MyESC.
Much of the college's correspondence is through e-mail. It is important to be sure your personal e-mail address is part of your college record. To report any change in your e-mail address, see Update My Account in MyESC.
SUNY Empire has a self service password reset tool that allows you to manage your password and reset it when you forget. If you have trouble resetting your password or have question about the tool, contact the online or at 1-888-HELP-009, or 1-800-847-3000, ext. 2420.
It is important to keep your password private. If you feel that someone else may have found out your password, change it immediately or contact the online or at 1-888-HELP-009, or 1-800-847-3000, ext. 2420.
If you need assistance accessing online courses, MyESC, registration, DP Planner or other technology, contact the Service Desk online or at 1-888-HELP-009, or 1-800-847-3000, ext. 2420. Hours are 8:30:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Friday, and 1:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. on Sunday. (See the web page for holiday or summer hours.)
For library assistance, call 800-847-3000 ext. 2222.