The Office of Sponsored Programs is committed to assisting those seeking external funding. Whether you are a seasoned proposal writer or a novice, the office provides a wide range of services that cover the full spectrum of the grant proposal and award process. Among the services faculty and staff can expect are:
Proposal Development includes assistance in:
- the search for potential sponsors,
- notifications of new sponsor initiatives,
- the initial inquiry to sponsors,
- the proposal formulation and development, and
- the budget development.
Proposal Submission includes:
- review for institutional and sponsor compliance,
- acquisition of all institutional signatures, and
- submission of the proposal to the sponsor.
Award Management includes:
- notifications of awards received,
- account set up,
- reminders to the project director of any sponsor requirements during the project period such as reports,
- sponsor notifications or requests to the sponsor for any changes to the project during the project period, and
- account closeout.
Other Services (upon request):
- proposal writing workshops,
- instruction on the use of the SPIN funding database, and
- instruction on the use of the SUNY Research Foundation account management system).
If you are considering writing a proposal and to take full advantage of the services available, you should contact the Office of Sponsored Programs as soon as possible and complete an Intent to Submit Form (PDF 242kB).
- NEW - GRANT ALERTS - May 2018 Funding Opportunities (PDF 412kB)
- Pillars 2018
- Governor Cuomo Bans Non-Essential State Travel to North Carolina
- Governor Cuomo Bans Non-Essential State Travel to Mississippi
Note: You will need Adobe Reader to read PDF documents. If it is not installed on your computer, download it for free from Adobe.