Frequently Asked Questions
About Student Problem Resolution
- What is the difference between an academic appeal and a service grievance?
- Academic decisions, grades and reinstatement are subject to the Academic Appeals Policy.
- The SUNY Student Transfer Appeals Process provides information on how to appeal the decision of credit transfer from one institution to another.
- Service issues or communication issues with staff or mentors are subject to the Student Grievance Procedure.
- What is the difference between an informal resolution and a formal resolution?
- Our staff will assist you in interpreting the policy and finding a resolution.
- You must file an informal grievance within 30 days of the problem.
- Follow the guidelines in the policy, including drafting a formal letter to your center dean.
- You have 60 days to file a formal grievance or appeal.
SUNY Empire State 1 Stop Student Services is a partner in your successful college experience. Check out their website using the link in the blue bar above, contact email@example.com, or call them!800-847-3000, ext. 2285