Student Art Competition
SUNY Empire State College is now accepting artwork for the 2019 Student Art Competition.
Submissions will be accepted until the July 15,2019
There are several categories of winners:
- First, second, and third place winners of the competition will receive a monetary award.
- The piece selected for the student art poster will receive an additional award.
- There may be several honorable mentions as well.
Competition winners, as well as the winning poster, will be invited to display their work at the 2019 Fall Student Conference. To help make that possible, we anticipate travel assistance for the top three winners.
Students are encouraged to submit up to 3 pieces of artwork online for review by a committee of judges. Any type/medium of art is accepted for judging, but it must be submitted as a two-dimensional electronic image.
Art Competition Timeline
- Wednesday, May 1st: Art Competition opens
- Monday, July 15th: Submissions due by 5pm
- Wednesday, August 14th: Winners and honorable mentions chosen by judges
- Wednesday, August 21st: Voting for the winning poster begins
- Wednesday, September 4th: Voting closes
- Tuesday, September 10th: Winners announced
- October: Winning poster will be unveiled at the Fall Student Conference