Awards and Fellowships
This scholarship rewards students for excellence in their academic performance and extraordinary commitment to their campus and/or community. The scholarship amount is $1,000 with an additional $250 given in the student’s name to the charity of his or her choice.
Requirements of the scholarship:
- The student must have a dean’s list GPA (3.75 or greater) as of the last reporting period.
- The student must have helped to identify a need for the college or in the community, and worked to provide a service or solution to address that need.
We are no longer accepting applications for the 2020 ACT for Excellence and Student Initiative Scholarship. Check back in spring of 2021 for more information.
The Chancellor’s Award is an opportunity to honor students who have demonstrated exceptional academic performance and have excelled in other areas of their life while being a student. This award recognizes model students who have integrated academic excellence with other aspects of their lives, which may include:
- Arts (creative and performing)
- Career achievement
- Community service
We are no longer accepting nominations for the 2020 Chancellor’s Awards for Student Excellence. Please check back in early 2021 for information regarding the 2020-2021 award.
Empire State College is please to announce that the Latin Honor Policy was approved on Friday 5/15/2020 by the College Senate and accepted by College Administration. Per the policy, students who graduate with a bachelor degree and achieve the following cumulative GPA, will also be awarded Latin Honors:
Cum Laude: 3.81-3.87,
Magna Cum Laude: 3.88-3.95
Summa Cum Laude: 3.96 and higher
We are also pleased to announce that this policy is retroactive to August 1, 2019.
The college is finishing the details on implementing the policy and the President's Office will send an official notice within the next two months.
The fellowship enables active and established performing artists to pursue a undergraduate college degree while continuing to practice their craft. The fellowship continues until the student completes his or her degree, as long as he or she remains in good academic standing and is active in the craft. If you are aware of a student who fits the criteria, please share this information and encourage him or her to apply.
The application consists of:
- application form
- letter of nomination from the director or manager of a performing company or other established member of the theater, dance or music community
- resume or biography
- one or two samples of work (photographs, videotapes, audio-cassette tapes)
- two additional references (current coach, mentor or teacher, if possible).
To apply, please visit www.esc.edu/ESCFAST
The Empire State College Student Service Award honors students who show exceptional service to their college or communities. Service efforts range from involvement in a student organization to participation in community service.
The awards were presented to the students in spring of 2020.
To apply for the Empire State College Student Service Award, an applicant must:
- be a matriculated student of Empire State College
- have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- obtain two letters or recommendation
- complete two short responses regarding participation in service.
We are no longer accepting nominations for the Student Service Award. Check back in Spring of 2021 for more information. For questions, please email StudentLife@esc.edu.
For additional information, visit the page.