Eligibility Requirements/Time Commitment
- must be a matriculated student of Empire State College
- must have 2.0 cumulative G.P.A. or higher
- must have completed at least one term with the college prior to the September 2020 term (2020FA1)
- graduation date of May 2021, or later.
The program will require a time commitment of one year. You can expect to spend an average of two to three hours per week on SLI-related materials and meetings, which include:
- Attendance at three, virtually intensive, weekend-long meetings (October, January, and April)
- Monthly webinar meetings
- Monthly Advisory meetings
- Monthly meetings (phone or Skype) with a leadership coach
- Attendance at one Deliberative Discussion of your choice per term
- Completion of the common read book (TBD)
- Completion of one Informational Interview of your choice
- Completion of two leadership topics videos/webinars of your choice
- Completion of both an Individual Volunteer Project and Group Social Action project.
Students will meet virtually three times over the course of the year. for weekend-long intensive meetings. The meetings will be held in October, January, and April. Specific dates will be announced to students at the start of the institute; if not sooner.
If you have questions, comments, or concerns regarding the SUNY Empire Student Leadership Institute, please feel free to contact us at any time.
|Phone:||518-587-2100, ext. 2255|
|Address:||Empire State College
Attn: ESC Student Leadership Institute
1 Union Ave
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866-4310