August 4, 2020
Learn About Tutoring at SUNY Empire
By the Academic Support Team
Free Tutoring Options
As you get ready for the Fall term, know that Academic Support is ready to help you complete your coursework and succeed in your studies. We provide a variety of free tutoring services, all available to you remotely.
Academic Support is ready to help you complete your coursework and succeed in your studies. We provide a variety of free tutoring services, all available to you remotely.
Learning Coaches are professional SUNY Empire staff who coach and tutor both undergraduate and graduate students. Learning coaches are available online in MS Teams or Zoom or Skype, and by phone and email. When our offices reopen, learning coaches will also be available onsite in many SUNY Empire locations.
- Assist with all types of writing assignments, including the Rationale Essay and Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) essays.
- Tutor math, statistics and accounting.
- Coach time management and study skills such as reading strategies, etc.
- Offer one-on-one sessions up to one hour and customized to your needs.
To request an appointment with a Learning Coach, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Peer Tutors are current students or alumni who:
- Tutor specific SUNY Empire courses which they have passed with B+ or above.
- Are recommended by a faculty member who teaches the course.
- Coach time management and study skills, and online course navigation and study skills.
- Are available online or by phone, and when we re-open, face-to-face at some college locations.
To find out if a peer tutor is available for your course, submit the peer tutor request form.
TutorMe 24/7 Tutoring
With TutorMe 24/7 Tutoring, SUNY Empire also provides you with free 24/7 online tutoring in a broad range of subject areas when SUNY Empire learning coaches are not available.
- 24/7 on-demand, live tutoring in 300+ subjects including writing, math, accounting, finance, computer science, biology, chemistry, etc.
- An interactive lesson space with audio and video available in all subjects and sessions.
- Submit-a-paper (writing review) service with feedback provided in less than 12 hours.
At this time, access TutorMe on a desktop, laptop or tablet. TutorMe will be available on mobile phones in the Fall term. Sign in to TutorMe with your College log-in.
Academic Support also offers live workshops, video tutorials, the Assignment Calculator, etc.
For more information, go to MyESC, Academic Support (log in).
If you have questions about academic support, write to email@example.com
SUNY Empire State 1 Stop Student Services is a partner in your successful college experience. Check out their website at www.esc.edu/1stop, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or call them!800-847-3000, ext. 2285