Wondering How to Pay for Your Studies at SUNY Empire State College?

By Kristina Delbridge

December 28, 2011

All students planning to continue on beyond the January or March semesters should complete the 2011-2012 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) now available at www.fafsa.ed.gov. This application will allow the Financial Aid office to determine your eligibility for federal grants and loans as well as the federal work study program.

New York state resident undergraduate students also are encouraged to click the link to the New York State Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) Application, which appears immediately after completion of the FAFSA. New York state resident undergraduate students who will be less than full time should complete the Aid for Part-Time Studies Application (APTS) located at www.esc.edu/financialaid. We encourage all students seeking financial aid to review our step-by-step guide, the Undergraduate Financial Aid Programs brochure or the Graduate Financial Aid Programs brochure. These are available in print at your center or on our website.

Please keep an eye on the MyESC news where we will be announcing web sessions and site visits soon. As always, if you have any questions about financial aid, you are welcome to e-mail financialaid@esc.edu or call 1-800-847-3000.

Take the Next Step

Ready to advance your education and career? There’s no time like the present. Apply now, or learn more about SUNY Empire at one of our information sessions.