Student Success Summit 2019
Margaret Madigan, Student Editor, SUNY Empire State College
October 3, 2019
New this year at the Collaborating for Student Success 2019: Advising, Applied Learning, and Student Success Summit is the Student Fellows Program! This is great opportunity for students to share their experience with student success and completion focused practitioners and develop leadership and presentation skills. Fellows will participate in a pre-conference webinar, attend all three days including Fellow only sessions, and participate in the closing lunch.
The Student Fellowship includes conference registration fees, hotel accommodations, and travel funding.
Student Fellow Expectations:
• Participate in all fellowship program, conference sessions, and special events (October 28-30);
• Participate in a student panel discussion on advising, applied learning or other student success topic during the conference;
• Provide staffing support and interact with conference attendees;
• Develop a blog post on observations from the conference and interview with Strong Start to Finish People in Reform series.
Student Fellow Qualifications:
• Be enrolled full or part-time at a SUNY college (second year student or higher, including graduate students);
• Demonstrate academic potential through past experiences and future career goals;
• Experience in one of the following areas: mentoring/tutoring; applied learning; student life; student government; SUNY Student Assembly, PTK, Educational Opportunity Program, and/or other leadership roles.
• Be willing to actively participate in and commit to attend the full conference.
For More Information: http://www.suny.edu/studentsuccesssummit
Click on Student Fellows tab to apply!
Social Corner Contributors
Dr. Rhianna Rogers