I Challenge You…To Give during the 24-Hour Giving Challenge!
By Samantha Williams, student, SUNY Empire State College, assistant editor, The Student Connection
April 29, 2015
April 29 is an important day for Empire State College. Last year, the college set the goal to have 200 donors in a 24 hour period. We exceeded the goal! Challenging ourselves to reach higher this year, the college wants to achieve 400 donors in a 24 hour period. Today is about participation and coming together as a community to support our college, so the size of your gift does not matter (did you notice the goal is participants rather than gifts?) If we can reach 400 donors in 24 hours, alumnus and foundation board member David ’10 and Joy Mazzetti will give $30,000 to Empire State College.
- Who: The 24-hour giving challenge is open to alumni, employees, students, and friends in an effort to show our commitment to the school and come together as a community.
- When: The challenge will be available for single day, April 29, beginning at midnight and ending at 11:59 PM.
- Where: The challenge is online. Visit www.esc.edu/challenge to donate any amount (remember, we want people to participate! $1 is all it takes to be a part of this.
- How: After you participate, post about it, tweet it, etc. If we can spread the word and get more people involved, we can surpass our goal. The more people who participate the more successful the challenge.
- Why: We may be spread across the nation and beyond, but we continue to be a great community of students, faculty, staff and alumni because we can come together to support one another. The 24-hour giving challenge is a testament to our ability to cross boundaries and come together for the betterment of one another and our college.
Keep an eye out for posts on Facebook and Twitter and do not worry, emails and texts will remind potential participants that the challenge is happening!
I challenge each of you to participate in the 24-hour giving challenge! Let’s surpass our goal and continue to support Empire State College’s efforts to support us (like offering scholarships to those who need them and creating a premier SUNY institution that is more accessible to those who want to further their education). If we can continue to come together, we can continue to inspire our college to do great things for us.
Did You Know
Registration closes for the Summer 1 and 2 2015 terms on May 8 at 5 p.m. ET.