Registration Process

US AF replacment photo
  • Select a course from the list of term offerings.
  • If using DoD Tuition Assistance (TA), contact your Educational Service Officer (ESO) or counselor, visit your service education portal, and obtain TA approval 7-45 days prior to course start date.
  • Register for courses at MyESC > Registration "Registration and Course Offerings" icon.
  • Forward approved TA authorization to SUNY Empire State College electronically through the Air Force Virtual Education Center (AFVEC), or by fax or mail.  Fax it to 518 581-2782, attention Student Accounts. Mail it to Empire State College Student Accounts, 111 West Avenue, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866. If your TA authorization does not cover the full cost of the tuition please include a payment for the balance to finalize your enrollment by the payment deadline. A balance can be paid online via MyESC > Student Accounts > "Touchnet Portal icon, and the payment deadlines can be found at Payment Due Dates. If you are registering online, your registration will not be finalized until we receive the TA authorization or other payment.
  • Order your course materials through the Empire State College Bookstore.

(Login required for MyESC links.)

Starting Courses

  • You can find your courses via MyESC.
  • Use your Empire State College user name and password.
  • Contact the IT Service Desk for assistance with login problems.

Withdrawing from Courses

Students may withdraw from one or more classes any time after add/drop until the last day of the term. During the add/drop period, you may drop your classes online. Withdrawing from one or more studies does not withdraw you from the college, only from the relevant study or studies.

The effective date of your withdrawal is the postmark on the envelope (if mailed) or the date the fax is received in the Office of the Registrar.

The decision to withdraw is an academic one (see the Academic Withdrawal Policy), but it does have financial and financial aid consequences. Students who are considering withdrawing from one or more studies are expected to be familiar with all information at Student Accounts > Withdrawals.

SUNY Empire State College will return any unearned Military Tuition Assistance funds to the Military Service, not the Service member.  See Return of Tuition Assistance Policy and Schedule for additional details.


We’re here to help.

SUNY Empire’s Veteran and Military Education staff is ready to work with you to make earning your degree possible and affordable.