General Education Mobile Registration Steps
Below are the basic steps to complete the GEM registration process:
- Step 1: Create CCAF Degree as Education Goal
- Step 2: Apply to SUNY Empire State College
- Step 3: Register for courses
- Step 4: Apply for and submit Tuition Assistance authorization
Step 1: Create CCAF Degree as Education Goal
- After creating CCAF Degree as Education Goal in the Air Force Virtual Education Center (AFVEC), select SUNY Empire State College during Tuition Assistance (TA) process
Step 2: Apply to SUNY Empire State College
- Nondegree Study: Individual Courses. Only if you are taking the courses with no intention of pursuing a baccalaureate degree at Empire State College, apply for Nondegree Study. You will be set up with a non-matriculated student account to register for courses. It's recommended you complete online Orientation.
- Matriculated Study: Apply for admission. Once matriculated, connect with ESC Academic Mentor for course registration.
Step 3: Register for courses
Step 4: Apply for and submit Tuition Assistance authorization
Instructions for TA submission:
- Make sure course number and/or title on your TA Authorization matches the course name/number on your GEM course completion plan in AFVEC.
- Provide us a copy of your approved TA Authorization before the posted registration deadlines; refer to the College Calendar for Term Dates: http://www.esc.edu/esconline/collegecalendar.nsf/calendarAcadSchedopenview&count+3000 A copy of your TA Application is not an acceptable form of payment.
- Forward TA Authorization electronically via AFVEC, fax or mail.
- Once we receive and process your TA, your account balance will adjust accordingly.
Don't forget to order your course materials through Empire State College Bookstore.
Congratulations on completing your steps to register!
If you need assistance, please contact the Office of Veteran and Military Education, One Union Avenue, Saratoga Springs, NY, 12866, via e-mail at email@example.com or by telephone at 1-800-867-5941.