After receiving an invitation from SUNY Empire State College's Office of Veteran and Military Education (OVME), and supplying verification of military status, students who choose to join SALUTE need to pay a $20 lifetime application fee to SALUTE ("individual membership" at link below). Undergraduate students whose GPA allows them to move up in the Tier system can complete a Tier Appeal Application Form through SALUTE and pay a $10 upgrade fee. Online payment is available at the SALUTE payment site.
- Fill out honor society SALUTE Intent Form (PDF 202kB) and send it to SUNY Empire's Office of Veteran and Military Education (OVME) at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 518-587-5483 along with your verification of military service:
- Veterans - send a Member 4 copy of your DD214 to show an honorable discharge
- Active duty/Guard/Reserve - send a copy of your current orders
- Wait for membership eligibility from OVME staff. Your GPA eligibility has been verified. You can review charter eligibility criteria on the SUNY Empire SALUTE website.
- OVME will notify you once your documents have been reviewed and verified. At that point, you will need submit the SALUTE membership application online at https://wsnet2.colostate.edu/CWIS466/salute-membership/ and pay your $20 membership fee.
- Please email receipt of membership payment to email@example.com or fax 518-587-5483.