After receiving an invitation from SUNY Empire State College's Office of Veteran and Military Education (OVME), and supplying verification of military status, students who choose to join SALUTE need to pay a $35 lifetime application fee to SALUTE ("individual membership" at link below). Undergraduate students whose GPA allows them to move up in the Tier system, may complete a Tier Appeal Application Form through SALUTE, and pay a $10 upgrade fee. Online payment is available at the SALUTE payment site.
- Fill out honor society SALUTE Intent Form (PDF 424kB) and send it to SUNY Empire' State College's Office of Veteran and Military Education (OVME) at firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to 518-587-5483, along with verification of military service:
- Veterans - send a Member 4 copy of your DD214 to show an honorable discharge
- Active duty/Guard/Reserve - send a copy of your current orders
- Wait for membership eligibility from OVME staff. Your GPA eligibility has been verified. You may review charter eligibility criteria on the SUNY Empire SALUTE website.
- OVME will notify you when your documents have been reviewed and verified, at which point you will need to submit the SALUTE membership application online and pay your $35 membership fee.
- Please email receipt of membership payment to email@example.com or fax 518-587-5483.