Degree Program Plan Samples
SUNY Empire State College students work closely with their mentors to design their own degree programs.
See the Student Degree Planning Guide for detailed information about the degree planning process.
Changes to Undergraduate Degree Requirements Effective Sept. 8, 2014
- Bachelor’s degrees are 124 credits.
- Associate degrees must meet the new SUNY general education requirements.
The degree plan samples provided below reflect older policy. Check back as new samples are forthcoming.
These sample degree program plans illustrate the degree program format and provide examples of some different types of individualized degree programs.ls.
- Community Organizing and the Environment (PDF 40kB)
- Disaster Studies (PDF 35kB)
- Emergency Management (PDF 40kB)
- Fire Services Administration (PDF 40kB)
- Fire Services Administration (PDF 41kB)
- Homeland Security (PDF 40kB)
- Political Science (PDF 40kB)
- Public Administration (PDF 40kB)
Note: You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to read the degree program plans. If Acrobat Reader is not installed on your computer, you can download it for free from Adobe.