Master of Business Administration in Management
Empire State College has received specialized accreditation for its MBA in Management program through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), 11374 Strang Line Rd., Lenexa, KS 66215; 913-631-3009. The IACBE is a specialized accrediting agency recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
The Master of Business Administration in Management program is designed for aspiring and mid-career managers seeking to enhance their analytic, decision-making and communication skills in complex organizational environments.
Empire State College students are mature, motivated adults seeking a graduate degree program that is adapted to their experience and expertise. They want to make significant contributions to their organizations in the for-profit and nonprofit sectors and to assume more significant management responsibilities.
- Executive Assessment and Development
- Scanning the Business Environment
- High-performance Management
- Management Information Systems
- Human Systems and Behavior
- Accounting and Finance
- Operations Management
- Managerial Economics
- Managerial Reasoning
- Marketing Management
- Managerial Decision Making
- Strategic Analysis and Executive Choice
- Strategic Executive Leadership
Choose electives that emphasize your professional focus, such as:
- international business
- corporate communications
- human-resource development and management
- public and nonprofit management
Graduate Credit for Prior Learning
If you already have gained valuable knowledge through your management experience to date, you may be able to earn credit through academic assessments within the Executive Assessment and Development Course.
Credit for prior learning can be applied in eight of the 16 course content areas:
- accounting and finance
- managerial decision making
- managerial economics
- management information systems
- operations management
- marketing management
- human systems and behavior
- high-performance management
Many students earn 6-12 credits through assessment for this 48-credit degree. The maximum number of credits for prior learning that can be earned is 24.
Explore this website for more details or submit a request for information.
- MBA Prerequisites
- Credit for College Level Learning
- The Flexibility of Online Study
- Program Enrollment Sequence
- MBA Workbook: M.B.A. Prog Workbook 2012.pdf (PDF 10,124kB)
- MBA Assurance of Learning Outcomes Assessment: MBA Learning Outcomes 2012-2013 (PDF 818kB)
Note: You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to read PDF documents. If Acrobat Reader is not installed on your computer, you can download it for free from Adobe. If you are unable to use the file, please contact Graduate Student Services for assistance.
Apply for Admission
To apply for the MBA in Management, review the admissions requirements and submit an online application.