Apply for Associate or Bachelor's Degree
Thank you for choosing Empire State College to pursue your degree. Please review the requirements below before starting your application.
If you are applying for the nursing program, please review the nursing admissions requirements.
To guarantee that your application is considered for the academic term in which you wish to begin your degree, review the academic terms and application priority dates. Applications received after the priority date may be considered if space is available.
|Academic Term||Application Priority Date|
|Fall 1||June 1|
|Fall 2||Sept. 1|
|Spring 1||Dec. 1|
|Spring 2||Jan. 5|
Nondegree students do not need to complete this application.
To be considered for admission to Empire State College you must:
- provide proof of high school completion
- demonstrate ability to pursue college-level work through the essay in the application
- complete an application (as outlined below)
In addition, Empire State College must have the resources to serve you.
An applicant has one year from the submission of the application to complete the admissions process and attend a pre-enrollment orientation workshop. If the application process is not completed within that year, the application expires and the applicant will have to reapply.
An application is considered complete when the Admissions Office has received all of the following items:
- completed application
- proof of high school completion
- application essay
- official transcripts from all institutions listed on the application
- a nonrefundable orientation fee (waived for U.S. veterans and active military)